Fund Tax ManagerVacancy posted: Friday, 23 September 2016
Job ref. no.: UK749305
Hudson’s Global Investment client is looking for a Fund Tax Manager to join their business in Edinburgh
- You will be responsible for providing tax advisory and tax compliance services to funds domiciled and/or distributed in the EMEA region.
- You will oversee the day to day operations of the local tax team and is responsible for the review and sign off of various tax work papers, calculations and other deliverables from the Global Fund Tax Department.
- As required, the Tax Manager performs complex tax analyses, calculations and other determinations in support of the funds and their shareholders.
- You will partner with the local Global Fund Tax Department team members to ensure work is progressing and deliverables are met.
- Work closely with managers in other business units (e.g. Fund Accounting, Reporting, Investment Operations, etc.).
- You will be responsible for the training of team members and for the monitoring of the control environment in which the Global Fund Tax Department operates.
- Manage members of the Global Tax Department and must be able to provide guidance, feedback, coaching and leadership to local staff members. At times, team members may work in remote regional locations and therefore the successful candidate must be able to work and lead others in a virtual environment.
- Interact on a regular basis with key business partners to ensure that appropriate tax calculations and requirements are met.
- A university degree in law, accounting, taxation or in a related filed (e.g. Business Administration, Economics) with a substantial concentration in tax
- Recognised Tax, Legal and/or Accountancy qualification
- Extensive tax experience in a public accounting firm or in an industry position with exposure to the issues of the taxation of investment funds, securities and other financial instruments and transactions, ideally with a focus on UK taxation.
- Experience with managing a team and conducting appropriate training is required.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office applications).
- Good managerial skills with an ability to manage multiple activities, resources, projects and responsibilities in a fast paced environment.
- Strong technical research, analysis and writing skills, with a demonstrated ability to present complex tax issues in a succinct and understandable manner to departmental management and key business partners.
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
If you are interested in this vacancy please contact Kevin McLaren in our Edinburgh office.
Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
|Contact Name||Kevin McLaren|
|Telephone||+44 131 555 9861|
19a Canning Street
Hudson Accounting & Finance is a team of specialist recruitment consultants within Hudson - a global talent solutions company. We help transform the workplace and unleash the full potential of organisations and individuals. Whether you're actively looking for your next accounting or financial services job or just considering your options, we're here to help.Company profile View all jobs with Hudson Accounting & Finance
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist