Tax AssistantVacancy posted: Wednesday, 12 October 2016
Closing date: 27 October 2016
Reports to: Tax Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Hours of Work: Full-time
Salary details: Competitive
Job Purpose: To work closely with the team's managers, assistant managers and seniors, focusing on the day to day administration work required to support the tax work carried out by the team. Will involve exposure to both tax compliance and advisory work.
Johnston Carmichael are looking to recruit a Tax Assistant to work in our busy Tax Department in Edinburgh. Working closely with the Tax Managers, Assistant Managers and Senior’s contributing towards the smooth running of the corporate tax department. This role offers an exciting opportunity to develop and establish a career within a successful and growing firm, with the opportunity to study for tax exams for the right candidate.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of letters to clients, drafting notes from meetings, general ad-hoc admin assistance;
- Assist in the preparation of fees;
- Preparation of payment reminders and drafting of other recurring emails as required;
- Claims and Elections updates
- Updating and chasing tax advisory projects register
- Completion of new client set up forms, money laundering checks and preparation of relevant engagement letters
- Chase Client Relationship Managers for outstanding tagging
- Assistance with organisation of meetings, prepare agendas, take minutes, access to diaries/emails when on holiday;
- Preparation of tenders and updating to standard Corporate Tax templates
- Generally to take some of the admin tasks away from team members so they can focus on chargeable work.
- Deal with basic queries from clients, colleagues and HMRC
The successful candidate will be educated to HNC/HND level.
Ideally, some experience in public practice although consideration will be given to applicants with other relevant experience.
Numerical and data analysis skills
Project co-ordination skills
IT skills – knowledge of Microsoft systems and databases
The ability to work to strict deadlines whilst maintaining a high degree of accuracy is essential.
About Johnston Carmichael
Johnston Carmichael is the largest independent firm of Chartered Accountants and Business Advisers in Scotland and one of the Top 20 accountancy firms in the UK.
The partnership was formed in 1936 by William Johnston and John Carmichael and has grown to 53 partners, over 600 staff and 11 offices.
Johnston Carmichael was named Advisory Team of the Year at the 2013 Scottish Accountancy Awards and received the Scottish Firm of the Year accolade at the same awards in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012. In 2012, the firm was also named as the winner of the British Accountancy Awards National Firm of the Year as well as named a Top 100 Place to Work by the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist