Corporation Tax Assistant ManagerVacancy posted: Wednesday, 19 October 2016
Job ref. no.: UK729292
This is an exciting role for a hard working high-potential individual to join the our team within the Tax function as an Assistant Manager.
You will work as part of the team responsible for the preparation and submission of corporation tax returns and computations, and claims and elections to HMRC. This further requires engagement with and management of key information providers for returns and computations, to ensure that information requirements are understood and met in full, and on a timely basis and in line with our risk processes.
The team also prepare year end provisions for statutory and group reporting purposes, including responsibility for maintaining general ledger accounts for corporation tax and deferred tax balances. This includes reconciliations and prompt action to clear differences.
The key accountabilities and capabilities can therefore be summarised as follows:
- Preparation of corporation tax computations and returns for submission to HMRC
- Preparation of year end provisions for statutory and group reporting, covering current and deferred taxes
- Strong tax technical skills in core areas of corporation tax (including loan relationships)
- Good working knowledge of tax accounting matters under IFRS / IAS 12
- Accuracy, time management and the ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Good PC skills, including a requirement for a good working knowledge of Alphatax software
- Good analytical and problem solving abilities and ability to show initiative
- Process mindset to participate and assist in project management initiatives (within a SOX/SAO environment)
We are therefore looking for someone with relevant corporation tax technical experience and tax accounting knowledge from their current role, and who has completed professional exams (either ACA/CA accountancy qualifications such as ICAEW/ICAS/ACCA and / or tax qualifications such as ATT/CIOT etc.) with between 1 to 5 years relevant post-qualified experience. In return you will receive excellent training and coaching to provide you with a clear pathway for career progression.
If you are interested in this vacancy please contact Kevin McLaren in our Edinburgh office on 0131 555 9861 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV.
Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
|Contact Name||Kevin McLaren|
|Telephone||+44 131 555 9861|
19a Canning Street
Hudson Accounting & Finance is a team of specialist recruitment consultants within Hudson - a global talent solutions company. We help transform the workplace and unleash the full potential of organisations and individuals. Whether you're actively looking for your next accounting or financial services job or just considering your options, we're here to help.Company profile View all jobs with Hudson Accounting & Finance
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist