Corporate Tax SeniorVacancy posted: Wednesday, 21 September 2016
Closing date: 05 October 2016
Reports to: Tax Manager
Job type: Permanent
Hours of Work: Full-time (36.25 per week)
Job Purpose: The role requires working closely with the team's managers, assistant managers and assistants, focusing on the calculation of tax computations and tax payable, and preparation and submission of tax returns. The role will involve exposure to both tax compliance and advisory work.
The successful candidate will be responsible for and will have experience of:
- Preparing accurate corporate tax returns and computations together with tax accounting provisioning within the time frames agreed;
- Submitting corporate tax returns online;
- Dealing with queries from clients, colleagues and HMRC;
- Ensuring work, tasks and projects are handled effectively and correctly from start to finish;
- Budgeting, planning, scheduling and delegating work to assistants;
- Keeping the team informed of issues which may affect the budget;
- Briefing, training and debriefing assistants, giving formal feedback as required; and
- Ensuring compliance with internal (tax methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements.
The successful candidate will have the ability to complete tasks on an accurate and timely basis, prioritise conflicting deadlines and work proactively, as well as, communicate effectively at all levels, internally and externally.
The successful candidate will also have a good working knowledge of UK GAAP (including familiarisation of FRS102) and UK tax legislation, project and time management skills where they are used to working to tight deadlines and budgets, and the ability and interest in understanding the client’s business. They will be confident in client-facing situations and be IT literate with a good working knowledge of Excel and Word.
The successful candidate will have approx. two to three years’ experience in public practice and either have recently qualified or be near to completing CTA, CA or ATT or an equivalent qualification.
About Johnston Carmichael
Johnston Carmichael is the largest independent firm of Chartered Accountants and Business Advisers in Scotland and one of the Top 20 accountancy firms in the UK.
The partnership was formed in 1936 by William Johnston and John Carmichael and has grown to 53 partners, over 600 staff and 11 offices.
Johnston Carmichael was named Advisory Team of the Year at the 2013 Scottish Accountancy Awards and received the Scottish Firm of the Year accolade at the same awards in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012. In 2012, the firm was also named as the winner of the British Accountancy Awards National Firm of the Year as well as named a Top 100 Place to Work by the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Office/Finance ManagerEuro Systems (Scotland) Limited, glasgow
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist