Corporate Tax Assistant ManagerVacancy posted: Wednesday, 12 October 2016
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
Closing date: 12 November 2016
Job ref. no.: 78985
Change Public Practice are working with a market leading Big 4 firm to assist them in the recruitment of Corporate Tax Assistant Managers for their offices in Glasgow.
This Big 4 firm is a leading example of transforming the traditional culture which is often associated with the Big 4 environment as they have adopted a highly attractive flexible working scheme which recognises the need for a strong work-life balance. This demonstrates that my client not only engage in hiring top talent, but ensure that their staff focus enables them to retain those individuals and this in turn has created a mature and friendly working environment where hard work is truly recognised.
This tax practice can offer a broad range of quality career paths for ambitious people and will provide you with the opportunity to develop relationships with clients as you guide them through the complex world of tax. The types of projects that you will be involved in will include working with clients to produce complex tax computations and returns for HMRC and giving advice on corporate planning and restructuring projects.
· Being the principal contact with clients on day to day tax matters
· Involvement in tax advisory work (both domestic and international) on a client portfolio
· Discussing new tax issues and opportunities with clients
· Working with specialists to deliver expertise to the local market
· Working with the tax computation processing team in the management and delivery of tax compliance work
· Keeping internal control records up to date and ensuring compliance with quality control procedures
· Carrying out tax audits in accordance with terms of references agreed with the audit team. Advising the audit team of potential tax exposure
· Ensuring fees are raised regularly, identifying situations where overruns can be billed and assisting Senior Managers and Partners in billing for advisory work
· Supervising the work of junior members of staff
· Project managing cross border teams and UK client service teams on an ongoing basis on advisory projects. This involves liaising with specialists, overseas member firms and external advisers to deliver successful projects and expertise to those clients
· Must hold a professional qualification such as CTA / ACA / ACCA / CA or equivalent
· Prior Corporate Tax experience is essential for the role but applications will be considered from those with a mixed tax background and who are looking to specialise in Corporate Tax
· Sound knowledge of UK corporate taxation
· Minimum of 4 years’ experience working in a public practice environment including Big 4, Top 10 or mid-tier accountancy practice
· Sound knowledge of accountancy principles, in particular accounting for tax (including deferred taxation and accounts representation)
· Strong inter-personal skills as this role will involve developing a strong internal networking, coaching junior staff and client facing responsibilities
If you match the criteria and are keen to discuss this further, please get in touch to find out more. You can apply with a copy of your CV, or contact Kasia Mackie.
Change Recruitment Group is the vehicle used to consolidate two leading specialist divisions providing comprehensive end to end recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates around the globe.
Change: specialist providers within Accountancy & Finance, Support, Contact Centre & Sales, Financial Services & Investments, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal and Public Practice.
Change International: specialist providers within Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Investments, Tax, Human Resource, Legal, Oil & Gas and Senior Appointments
Change is a specialist recruitment consultancy based in Scotland. We have a strong reputation for service delivery. With a global reach, we work across the UK, EMEA, the Americas and Asia-Pac, locating exceptional talent for some of the world's leading organisations.Company profile View all jobs with Change
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist