Mixed Coporate & Personal Tax Manager - GlasgowVacancy posted: Tuesday, 10 January 2017
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
Job ref. no.: 79355
Change Public Practice are working with a mid-tier public practice firm to assist them in the recruitment of a Tax Manager for their team in Glasgow. This role will be a mixed tax role and suit somebody who is experienced in both personal and corporate tax. The role will also involve some tax planning, complex compliance and will involve supervising and supporting the tax team in the Glasgow office. Due to the current team structure, those who are solely focused on Corporate Tax would also make a strong addition to the team.
This client has a strong focus on promoting a strong work-life balance across their firm, and not only engage in hiring top talent, but ensure that their staff focus enables them to retain those individuals. This in turn has created a mature, friendly and approachable working environment where hard work is truly recognised. The overall responsibilities will vary but they will include:
· Client reporting and interacting with clients is an essential part of the role
· Managing the tax team, allocating and reviewing work
· Mentoring, supporting and coaching the tax team
· Ensuring that tax deadlines are met
Corporate Tax responsibilities:
· Assist with the completion of corporation tax returns for the largest clients portfolio
· Review of Corporation Tax computations, communication with staff and Partners
· Seek solutions to technical matters and demonstrate sufficient technical knowledge to supervise staff
· Be responsible for planning and performing corporation tax consultancy assignments
· Provide support for Clients, Partners and staff in the provision of tax advice
· Provide support for ad-hoc projects and assist with training as required
Personal Tax responsibilities:
· Assist with the completion of complex aspects of personal tax returns for the largest clients
· Review of Personal Tax returns
· Seek solutions to technical matters and supervise staff as appropriate
· Be responsible for planning and performing personal tax consultancy assignments
· Assist with training as required and provide support for ad-hoc projects
· Must have a minimum of 5 years’ Public Practice experience with strong involvement in the Corporation Tax of commercial organisations, both on a compliance and advisory basis
· CTA qualification (or equivalent) will be highly desirable
· Must have experience of working with the Personal Tax affairs of clients, both on a compliance and advisory basis
· A strong knowledge of financial reporting requirements would be highly desirable
· Must have strong client interaction skills
· Experience of reviewing tax work and supporting junior members of staff is also essential
· Experience of managing a large portfolio of clients is highly advantageous
· Must have a strong commercial awareness in order to assist individuals and businesses interpret their tax computations and bills
If you are interested in discussing this role further, please contact Kasia Mackie.
Change Recruitment Group is the vehicle used to consolidate two leading specialist divisions providing comprehensive end to end recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates around the globe.
Change: specialist providers within Accountancy & Finance, Support, Contact Centre & Sales, Financial Services & Investments, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal and Public Practice.
Change International: specialist providers within Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Investments, Tax, Human Resource, Legal, Oil & Gas and Senior Appointments
Change is a specialist recruitment consultancy based in Scotland. We have a strong reputation for service delivery. With a global reach, we work across the UK, EMEA, the Americas and Asia-Pac, locating exceptional talent for some of the world's leading organisations.Company profile View all jobs with Change
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist