Funds Corporate Tax Assistant Manager - GlasgowVacancy posted: Saturday, 18 March 2017
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
Job ref. no.: 79810
Change Public Practice are working with a market leading Big 4 firm to assist them in the recruitment a Corporate Tax Assistant Manager who has a background in Funds tax. This role will be based in Glasgow.
This Big 4 firm has a real focus on work-life balance, flexible working hours (including early or late starts, shorter working days etc.) and as such has a strong staff retention within their tax function. Gone are the days where Big 4 firms strike fear of excessive working hours and stress in order to have a successful career with an enviable client base – this firm can offer it all!
- Maintain a portfolio of clients and take responsibility for ensuring their tax computations are prepared to a high standard, on a timely basis and finalised and submitted to HMRC within agreed deadlines.
- Working with the client directly to understand the requirements at the start of each compliance cycle and provide instructions to the tax computation preparers
- Potential visits to clients/local offices when appropriate
- Review the draft tax computation produced to ensure correct treatment of items and determine whether further information is required
- Liaise with the client to obtain additional information if required, feedback back to the tax computation preparers to enable them to provide an updated draft computation for subsequent review
- Identify and resolve technical issues, preparing technical analysis and involving specialists as appropriate to prepare or review analysis
- Deliver a high quality, technically accurate final draft tax computation, ready for final review by a manager/senior manager and sending to the client
- Provide assistance in the drafting of responses to HMRC correspondence and preparing tax accounting disclosures
- Working with client administrators to ensure client administration and risk procedures are completed appropriately
- Identify opportunities to provide additional services that the client may require and liaise with subject specialists
- Must hold a full professional accountancy qualified i.e. ATT / CTA / ACA or equivalent qualifications
- Experience of reviewing funds tax computations and returns is essential
- Ideally have a minimum of 4 years’ chartered accountancy exposure, or other relevant industry experience
- Ability to identify and resolve technical issues, or escalate as appropriate
- Experience of specific technical areas including corporate streaming, offshore funds, foreign income and withholding taxes, bond funds and s400 adjustments
- Aware (although experience would be preferred) of technical areas including PAIFs and REITs, exempt dividends
- Strong interpersonal skills in addition to strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent team work and organisational skills, including monitoring timetables and budets
- Proficient user of Alphatax (or similar tax software)
Change Recruitment Group is the vehicle used to consolidate two leading specialist divisions providing comprehensive end to end recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates around the globe.
Change: specialist providers within Accountancy & Finance, Support, Contact Centre & Sales, Financial Services & Investments, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal and Public Practice.
Change International: specialist providers within Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Investments, Tax, Human Resource, Legal, Oil & Gas and Senior Appointments
Change is a specialist recruitment consultancy based in Scotland. We have a strong reputation for service delivery. With a global reach, we work across the UK, EMEA, the Americas and Asia-Pac, locating exceptional talent for some of the world's leading organisations.Company profile View all jobs with Change
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist