Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 28 September 2016
This company is looking for a motivated and energetic individual to be part of a new and exciting team that is focusing on cutting edge developments within the university. Apply now!
You will be working for...
A University that has approximately 13,500 students from undergraduate to doctoral level, including many international students. In addition, the university's Centre for Lifelong Learning acts as an extension college, offering higher education courses to the local community even for those without the usual qualifications for admission to degree-level study. A full range of disciplines are offered and in 2012 the university offered over 650 undergraduate degree programme.
Be part of QA's 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK's tech explosion!
In this job you will be...
- Assisting with Reception duties for the School
- General clerical tasks including processing mail, answering the telephone, data entry and filing
- Dealing with routine student queries in person by email and over the phone
- Assisting with exam preparations
- Processing purchase orders and goods receipting on OneSource
- Assisting with managing the School's room bookings through Microsoft Outlook
- Processing mail, logging and returning students' coursework and maintaining IMS/SMS contact lists; induction packs and assisting in arranging student liaison visits
- Updating School notice boards on a weekly basis and assisting in arranging the publication of seminars through plasma screens and updating school events calendar
- Assisting in servicing Committees and meetings, including arranging meetings, minute taking and issuing agendas
- Assisting in providing clerical support, including photocopying and binding of documents; preparation of letters and other research document
- Any other reasonable duties as delegated by the School Support Co-ordinator
Your training will...
Start with a 12-14 month Business apprenticeship, which consists of work-based assessment, covering: IT skills, Customer service, Administration and Complaints handling. With the opportunity of a 1 Day Microsoft Office Specialist training course at our training centre.
You will gain an SVQ in Business & Administration and Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS). This is a fantastic opportunity to start a long and rewarding career in Business Administration.
Who should apply...
An individual with fantastic personal and language skills required. Also the right applicant will be a great team player.
The candidate must have at least 5 standards (Level 1 - 3) OR 5 National Level 5 grades, both qualifications must include Maths and English.
What happens when I finish my apprenticeship...
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their IT apprenticeship. Additionally may be opportunities to undertake further learning such as Higher apprenticeships.
It only takes a minute to apply for a Business Admin apprenticeship with QA and begin your Business Admin career with great prospects today.
QA's apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe's main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
Job Reference: 9140
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist