Clerical AssistantVacancy posted: Friday, 10 February 2017
Salary: £16,113 - £18,176
Closing date: 24 February 2017
Job ref. no.: EAD01307
POST TITLE:CLERICAL ASSISTANT – 20 HOURS TERM TIME
SALARY:Grade 4 - £16113.87 - £18176 (pro rata to 20 hours Term Time)
HOURS:20 hours per week term time
Mon – Fri 10.40 am – 3.10 pm
LOCATION: BOCLAIR ACADEMY, INVERORAN DRIVE, BEARSDEN
Working in Boclair Academy, Bearsden you will provide Reception duties for the school between the hours of 10.40 am and 3.10 pm each day during term-time.
You will deal with pupils, staff and visitors to the school and, in addition will undertake various clerical tasks as required by the School Support Manager. You will also carry out duties associated with the maintenance of all school records using SEEMIS Click & Go.
You must have experience of working within a reception or office environment and possess excellent IT skills. You must have good communication and interpersonal skills, be literate, numerate and you should be able to work as part of a team and apply yourself to a variety of tasks within your remit.
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
About East Dunbartonshire Council
East Dunbartonshire lies to the north of Glasgow bounded by the Campsie Fells and the Kilpatrick Hills.
It is a strategically significant location for economic, social and environmental development between the city and the gateway to the Highlands through the West Highland Way and eastwards through the Kelvin Valley.
With a population of 104,570, East Dunbartonshire is in the mid-range of Scottish local authorities in terms of population and covers an area of 77 square miles.
It comprises an attractive mixture of urban and rural areas that included the following suburban and rural settlements of Bearsden, Bishopbriggs, Kirkintilloch, Milngavie, Lenzie, Milton of Campsie, Lennoxtown, Torrance and Twechar.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist