Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 21 September 2016
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to join a great company who has the desire to support people through the business. Apply today to learn new skills and start a very rewarding career.
You will be working for...
A service leader in the electronic interconnect industry. From the beginning, they have carved out a place in the interconnect market, by serving people first, better than anyone else. With sales and manufacturing facilities worldwide they are currently looking to add to their team, by recruiting a data entry administrator. They are looking for the right person to join their fast paced customer service team based at the European Head Office in Cumbernauld, Glasgow. The successful candidate will be providing support to their French customers so will have to know how to communicate in French.
Be part of QA's 10k in tech and add yourself to the UK's tech explosion!
In this job you will be...
- Taking a customer's order requirements and inputting them to the business system to be manufactured and shipped out
- Communicating with the customer or colleagues (usually on email) if there are any queries on the order - pricing, invalid part number for example
- Double-checking orders entered by others is an additional function of this role
Although the role is primarily based around order entry, there may be occasions where some customer service is included also.
Your training will...
Start with a 12-14 month Business apprenticeship, which consists of work-based assessment, covering: IT skills, Customer service, Administration and Complaints handling. With the opportunity of a 1 Day Microsoft Office Specialist training course at our training centre.
You will gain an SVQ in Business & Administration and Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS). This is a fantastic opportunity to start a long and rewarding career in Business Administration.
- Because this role is supporting our French customers from our Scotland office, a reasonable level of French is necessary
- Computer literate - training on systems is provided, but a basic understanding of how to use a PC is a must
- Attention to detail - part numbers and quantities are manufactured to order - therefore these must be entered accurately - any mistakes cost the company money
- Good eye for spotting errors - orders entered are verified on a daily basis - this is a double check that there are no errors sent to production - you will verify colleagues' orders and they verify yours
- Enthusiastic to learn and develop
- Positive Attitude
- Reliable, trustworthy, respectful and a good timekeeper
- Well-presented (although we are not customer facing, it's not uncommon for us to have visitors in to the office)
- Able to work within a team and not afraid to ask questions if you aren't sure about something
The candidate must have at least 5 standards (Level 1 - 3) OR 5 National Level 5 grades, both qualifications must include Maths and English.
What happens when I finish my apprenticeship...
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their IT apprenticeship. Additionally may be opportunities to undertake further learning such as Higher apprenticeships.
It only takes a minute to apply for a Business Admin apprenticeship with QA and begin your Business Admin career with great prospects today.
QA's apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe's main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
Job Reference: 9049
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist