Administrative AssistantVacancy posted: Friday, 16 September 2016
Salary: £17,199 per annum pro rata.
Closing date: 30 September 2016
SCHOOL OFFICE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
A vacancy has arisen within the School Office at Dollar Academy for a part-time Administrative Assistant.
The person appointed will have the following qualities and skills:
- Excellent telephone manner and a friendly disposition
- The ability to relate to a wide variety of people in the course of the day
- Familiarity with standard office procedures
- Confident proficiency in the use of IT (including Word, Excel, Outlook)
- The ability to perform more complex IT tasks, that may require the integrated use of more than one application
- Familiarity with databases and a flexible approach to new IT products
- The ability to work as a team member
- The ability to respond to changing needs
- The ability to work in different environments
- Complete confidentiality in all matters
- Enjoyment in working in a flexible manner with children and staff
Specific duties will include:
- Assisting with report administration
- Assisting with mailings/general office duties
- Various duties as outlined by the Office Manager
The gross, annual salary on offer is based on the Scottish Joint Council for Local Government Officers pay scales at point 14 - £17,199 which will be adjusted pro rata.
Normal working hours are Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 3.30pm (and 9.00am to 3.30pm during school holidays) with one hour for lunch. Please note that this is not a term time only position.
Our support staff are automatically enrolled in the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, to which the Governors contribute the statutory level of Employer’s Contributions.
Inclusive of Bank Holidays and other Public Holidays, the Administrative Assistant will be entitled to 34 working days per calendar year, rising to 39 days after five years’ service, to be taken by arrangement with the Office Manager and Deputy Rector, and subject to work commitments.
Sick Pay/Contractual Matters:
A generous sick pay scale is available, and linked to length of service. Details of this, and all other contractual matters, are set out in the Contract of Employment for Support Staff, which will be issued to the successful candidate on appointment.
Employees whose children attend the Academy are entitled to fee remission, and details will be made available to the successful candidate.
Disclosure Scotland – Protection of Vulnerable Groups
All appointments at Dollar Academy are subject to receipt of a satisfactory PVG Scheme Record or Scheme Record Update from Disclosure Scotland. The successful candidate will be asked to make a formal application, the cost of which will be borne by the Academy.
To apply, please click on the APPLY button now to download the The Academy’s Support Staff Application Form.
Alternatively, please call the School Office on the no. +44(0)1259 742511 to receive a mailed copy. CVs are optional.
Completed application forms, with a covering letter, should be mailed to the address featured in the "Alternative Contact Details Section Below".
Closing date: Friday 30 September 2016
|Contact Name||Marion Campbell|
|Address||The Rector, Dollar Academy, Dollar, FK14 7DU, Clackmannanshire OR emailed to: email@example.com|
About Dollar Academy
Dollar Academy is an independent, coeducational school founded in 1818, with a roll of some 1,200 pupils, of whom around 100 are boarders accommodated in one boys and two girls boarding houses. Academic standards are high and the school has a reputation for excellence in all fields. The Academy is situated in about 50 acres of grounds, amidst delightful scenery, in the small town of Dollar at the foot of the Ochil Hills, twelve miles east of Stirling, and provides a most attractive working environment.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist