Vacancy posted: Thursday, 15 September 2016
You will be working for...
A company which offers a varietyof legal services to businesses and individuals.
We pride ourselves in offering a down to earth, pragmatic approach when dealing with all of our clients.
We have offices in Glasgow and Edinburgh and our lawyers represent clients throughout Scotland. Our firm has the people, skill and knowledge to deal with a wide range of legal issues.
We also have a number of lawyers who are accredited by the Law Society of Scotland as specialists in differentareas, delivering outstanding legal advice that adds value to everything we do.
Be part of QA's 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK's tech explosion!
In this position, your role will be to...
Manage the office's filing requirements, including:
- Ensuring office filing is carried out on a daily basis, filing all correspondence and files in their correct location for all fee earners
- Sort, create inventory and archive paper files
- Maintain database and co-ordinate offsite file storage
- Locate files from archive storage within the building as required by fee earners
- Implement firm scanning policy
- Review archive files on a regular basis to ensure the firm's archive destruction policy is maintained
- Index and file all title deeds, with the ability to retrieve quickly when required, liaising with Glasgow as necessary to ensure the same system is used throughout
- Frank, fold and bag mail and recorded deliveries to take to the Post Office and DX office for onward despatch by pre-determined deadlines
- Deal with processed banking and deposit at the bank
- Photocopy documents as requested
- Reproduce plans, colouring as required to ensure it accurately reflects the original
- Prepare and maintain meeting rooms and provide/arrange hospitality
- Produce letters, reports, presentations and other documents (from Audio-tapes and hand-written drafts), to the standard determined by the author, adhering to deadlines that meet the requirements of the fee earner
Starts with a 12-14 month Business apprenticeship, which consists of work-based assessment, covering: IT skills, Customer service, Administration and Complaints handling. With the opportunity of a 1 Day Microsoft Office Specialist training course at our training centre.
You will gain an SVQ in Business & Administration and Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS). This is a fantastic opportunity to start a long and rewarding career in Business Administration.
Who should apply...
- Someone who can be flexible
- Someone who can provide administrative support for a busy office
- Someone with 5 standards (Level 1 - 3) OR 5 National Level 5 grades, both qualifications including Maths and English would be ideal
What happens when I complete my apprenticeship...
Following a successful completion of the apprenticeship, the candidate could possibly gain future progression.
It only takes a minute to apply for a Business apprenticeship with QA and begin your Business career with great prospects today.
QA's apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe's main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
Job Reference: 8990
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist