ICT Change Administrator – B1 Maternity Cover (7 Months)Vacancy posted: Thursday, 15 September 2016
Salary: £23,383 - £26,057 per annum
Closing date: 30 September 2016
We are currently seeking applications for a ICT Change Administrator within National Records of Scotland based in Edinburgh.
National Records of Scotland provides a wide range of services and plays a central role in the cultural, social and economic life of Scotland. These services include arrangements for registering births, deaths, marriages, civil partnerships and other life events, collecting, analysing and publishing information about Scotland’s people, Scotland's census, records management and archival practice in Scotland. The ICT Department supports NRS with its Information and Computer Technology functions.
This position is an ICT Change Administrator role. This role reports directly to the ICT Change Manager and in turn to the ICT Service and Change Management Group Lead. The successful candidate shall provide effective co-ordination of ICT Change Requests and ensure proper compliance to NRS ICT policies and procedures. Key to the role is the ability to recognise ICT terminology, identify requirements, engage correct resources and then co-ordinate a change through to completion. Must be able to take ownership of small to medium size projects as well as recognise, assess and assist in the management of risks to the success of the project. The role shall include administration of the NRS CAB including triage of Change Requests, setting agenda, facilitating change related queries as well as documenting CAB decisions and translating into future actions.
Other duties include:
- Assist with formation of any relevant ICT processes and documentation
- Work with 3rd party suppliers on change related activities
- Management of ICT related documentation, registers and catalogues
- Coaching and mentoring of junior members of staff
- Providing ICT advice, expertise and consultancy as appropriate to ICT Change related activities
- Management of or contribution to ICT Projects in order to maximise opportunities for simplification and efficiency and effectiveness of ICT systems
For jobs in Bands B and C, you must hold a minimum of 3 SCE Higher or A Level qualifications with one being English. Please note, only grades A, B and C are acceptable. Other qualifications equivalent to these may also be acceptable, if you are in any doubt please contact to discuss.
- Experience as a an agent of change either as a Change Administrator (co-ordination) or Service Desk Analyst (implementation)
- Experience of ICT change management including Change Advisory Board.
- Ability to plan, schedule, prioritise and coordinate the delivery of work activities in support of operational services and project work.
- Experienced in management of internal and external stakeholders, including customers and suppliers.
- Experience of project or program management (preferably in ICT environment)
- Working knowledge of ICT products and Services at a minimum. Must be able to understand requirements and dependencies of ICT change requires
To apply please send your CV before the closing date of 30 September 2016.
You can apply for any job with us as long as you are a UK national or have dual nationality with one part being British. In addition, posts are open to Commonwealth citizens and nationals of any of the member states of the European Economic Area (EEA). Further information about civil service nationality requirements is available on the Civil Service Website.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist