Office CoordinatorVacancy posted: Thursday, 22 September 2016
Salary: £12 - £14 per hour
Closing date: 25 September 2016
Job ref. no.: 25363
Reed Business Support are currently working with one of our Edinburgh based clients that are on the hunt for a Part-Time Office Coordinator to join their team on a 6-8 week contract that has the possibility of turning permanent.
The client are a research organisation that operate in five continents with some of the worlds most vulnerable people.
The role involves supporting the London-based Facilities Manager and Executive Assistant with the management of routine systems to ensure that the Edinburgh office provides a safe and efficient working environment. Tasks include:
- Providing reception duties, post and courier services, despatching post to London twice a week
- Maintaining a stock of stationery and other supplies
- Ensuring all equipment is in working order and organise replacements as necessary
- Processing invoices and track payment
- Monitoring actual expenditure against the office annual budget
- Keeping accounts of petty cash and foreign currencies and produce monthly records
- Booking and keeping 'sleeper train flexipass' details up to date
- Acting as a first aider and fire warden (training will be provided if necessary)
- Taking out the recycling for collection once a month
- Taking out the mixed waste for collection once a week
- Keeping the office in good repair: managing the cleaning contract and organising maintenance work when needed, in agreement with the Landlords' managing agent
- Ensure the office complies with Health & Safety regulations and Fire Safety regulations
- Arrange the annual testing of electrical appliances and the gas boiler
- Carry out display screen equipment assessments for new staff and submit reports to the Facilities Manager in London (training will be provided if necessary)
- Work with the Facilities Manager to provide the data for the environmental management system
- Test video conference connections ahead of video conference meetings with external parties
- Provide support to the Executive Assistant and the Facilities Manager on projects as required
- Processing supplier invoices, track payments and follow up on unpaid items
- Assist with preparations and provide logistical support for meetings, workshops, conferences and seminars
- Organise travel arrangements
- Complete expense claims using Microsoft Access travel database
- Verifying completed expense claims against receipts and supporting documents
- Draft and log sub-contracts to project database for processing
- Proofread and format documents as required
- Organise distribution of publications and materials
- Logging donor contracts in the finance database
Hours of work- 9.00am-1.00pm
Start date- 30th September
This is a fantastic opportunity work for a well-known and respected organization that will add weight to your CV and perhaps provide you with a permanent opportunity!
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business.
|Contact Name||Pierce Matthews|
|Telephone||0131 240 3680|
Welcome to Reed Specialist Recruitment, specialist provider of contract, permanent, temporary and outsources recruitment solutions across Scotland and the greater UK. With offices located throughout Scotland, we are fully equipped to source the right talent to suit your requirements across over 17 different specialismsCompany profile View all jobs with Reed Accountancy
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- ReceptionistIntelligent Office, edinburgh
- Office Administrator (Maternity Cover 1 Year Fixed Term)Dynamic Earth, edinburgh
- Administrative Assistant / Reception442 Design Ltd, edinburgh
- Executive AssistantHAYS, edinburgh
- Commercial AdministratorMurray Recruitment, edinburgh
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist