Practice ManagerVacancy posted: Wednesday, 12 October 2016
Salary: úCompetitive + Benefits
Closing date: 28 October 2016
MLA are an award winning architectural practice based in Edinburgh and Glasgow.
We have a vacancy for an experienced Practice Manager, based in our prestigious Edinburgh City Centre offices, to manage and oversee the practice’s finance and HR functions.
You will be responsible for ensuring that all daily, weekly and monthly deadlines are met, working closely with the Directors and our external accountants. You will have a strong co-ordination role with the Office Manager.
Duties will include:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including monthly budget variance reports, profit and loss, balance sheet and financial forecasting.
- Preparation of annual budgets and monitoring expenditure
- Oversee sales/purchase ledgers and credit control
- Overseeing credit card and petty cash expenditure and reconciliations
- Timely and accurate financial processing on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Monitoring cashflow on a regular basis
- Bank reconciliations
- Collation/processing of payroll data and expenses on a monthly basis
- Experience of producing VAT returns desirable
- Liaison with bank in relation to standing orders and direct debits
- Liaison with external firm of accountants in relation to year end accounts
- Liaison with 3rd party in relation to staff benefits including private medical insurance, life assurance and income protection policies
- Management of monthly pension scheme
- Management of staff review system and HR policies
- Basic company secretarial duties
- Occasional assistance with office management duties
This role would ideally suit an outgoing and enthusiastic person with a sound accountancy background. The successful candidate should also possess the following skills:
- Minimum of 5 years in a similar role at management level, preferably in a related industry
- Accounting qualification desirable or equivalent work experience
- Sound knowledge of double entry accounting and accounting processes
- Fully conversant with MS Office, in particular advanced Excel skills
- Sage 50 Accounts Professional experience
- Excellent communication skills and team player
- Exemplary attention to detail
- HR knowledge/experience
- Absolute discretion when dealing with confidential matters
- Good time management
- Ability to multi task
- Back up for office management duties as required so ‘can do’ approach essential
This is envisaged as a full time, permanent position of 36.5 hours per week however for the right candidate, reduced hours could be considered. Full time hours would be Monday to Thursday 9 am to 5.30 pm and 9 am to 4.30 pm on Friday.
Due to the anticipated high volume of applicants, only those who are short listed for interview will be notified. If you are successful you will be notified following the closing date.
No applications from agencies please.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist