Operations Administrator (ICAS Foundation)Vacancy posted: Friday, 14 October 2016
Salary: £21,000 - £23,000 per annum (£12,600 to £13,800 pro-rata for 3 days)
Closing date: 28 October 2016
Operations Administrator (ICAS Foundation)
21 hours per week (3 days)
Salary - £21,000 - £23,000 per annum (£12,600 to £13,800 pro-rata for 3 days)
(depending on experience)
Launched in 2012, the ICAS Foundation is a charity registered in Scotland and aims to support academically talented young people from disadvantaged communities into university through the provision of mentoring and financial assistance.
The ICAS Foundation is seeking an experienced Operations Administrator to work in the Edinburgh office. The purpose of the role is to support the Head of the ICAS Foundation to achieve the strategic objectives of the ICAS Foundation and associated ICAS charities. The current focus of activity is awarding bursaries and grants to young people studying accountancy and/or finance at university together with a mentoring scheme.
The main duties will be as follows:
- Manage 100+ volunteer mentors across the UK. This includes processing mentor application, taking up references, answering queries and ensuring quarterly updates on the mentor/mentee relationships are submitted timeously.
- Key contact for 100+ students across the UK. This includes ensuring bursary conditions are met prior to funds being released, tracking performance, summer internship requirements and any queries regarding the ICAS Foundation mentoring scheme.
- Process applications for bursary funding. This includes evidencing eligibility.
- Process applications for grant funding.
- To keep all records up to date in relation to the ICAS Foundation mentoring scheme whilst ensuring the mentor/mentee relationship meets requirements.
- To maintain records in relation to bursary and grant funding and associated risks.
- To provide support to the Head of the ICAS Foundation, to ensure that the objectives of the ICAS Foundation and associated ICAS charities are achieved.
- Ensure the website is kept up to date.
- Provide administrative support to the Trustees and Head of the ICAS Foundation..
- To contribute to discussions to support the effective operation, development of and fundraising for the ICAS Foundation and associated ICAS charities.
Knowledge and skills required:
- Experience of working with university students and/or pupils in secondary school.
- Experience of managing volunteers.
- Understanding of widening participation and the social mobility agenda across the UK.
- Excellent ICT skills including knowledge of Outlook, Excel and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work on own initiative and meet deadlines.
- Experience of office organisation and administration.
- Experience of ensuring compliance with Scottish charity law and regulation including Data Protection legislation and Gift Aid.
- Experience of supporting Mentor/Mentee relationships.
- Some experience of financial record keeping.
- Experience of building relationships.
- Experience of developing and maintaining appropriate filing and record keeping systems, including use of computerised systems.
- Ability to demonstrate empathy when dealing with applicants for bursary and grant funding.
If you are interested in this role, please apply with your CV together with details of your current salary and a covering letter outlining why you believe your skills and experience make you the ideal candidate for the role.
Closing date for applications is 28 October 2016.
No Recruitment Agencies please
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist