Admin AssistantVacancy posted: Friday, 14 October 2016
Salary: £16,354 - £17,005 pa pro rata
P/T Admin Assistant
4 days per week (28 hours per week)
£16,354pa - £17,005pa pro rata
Age Scotland is an independent charity working in Scotland dedicated to improving the later lives of everyone on the ageing journey.
We are looking for an experienced, well organised, Admin Assistant to provide high level administrative support to the Charity and its subsidiary divisions.
Experience liaising with suppliers, both internal and external, delivering high level customer service and extensive admin support across a range of areas are essential.
Working within the Resources Support Team, you will be joining us at a busy and exciting time. The successful candidate will have strong organisational and communication skills, ability to multi task and work to challenging deadlines.
The post will be based within our Edinburgh office. We are offering 28 hours over 4 days per week, where 3 days must be attributed to Mon, Tue & Fridays. Age Scotland operates a flexible working policy and there is flexibility in this role around the other day worked.
Full details of the post and an application pack are available on our website.
Alternatively you can e-mail or call us on the details below.
Closing date: 12 noon Friday 28th October 2016.
Interviews will take place in Edinburgh on Friday 4th November 2016.
Age Scotland, part of the Age Network, is an independent charity dedicated to improving the later lives of older people on the ageing journey, within a charitable company limited by guarantee and registered in Scotland. Reg No: 1 5 3 3 4 3 Charity No: S C 0 1 0 1 0 0.
Registered Office: Causewayside House, 160 Causewayside, Edinburgh EH9 1PR.
Job and Person Specification
Job Title: Part Time Administration Assistant
Department: Resources Support Team=
Location: Edinburgh (Causewayside House)
Contractual Status of Role: Indefinite or fixed term
Part Time post (4 days, 28 hours per week )
Mon, Tues and Friday 9am – 5pm plus
one other day to be agreed (flexible Wed or Thursday 9am – 5pm)
Salary: £16,354pa - £17,005pa pro rata (AS Salary scale 11 - 13)
Job Title of Line Manager: Head of Resources
Job Titles and number of any direct reports: None
Job Purpose: To provide high quality administrative support to Age Scotland and its subsidiary divisions, including the Trading Company (Retail) and Enterprises
- Responsible for being the first point of contact for all Resource Support queries.
- Supporting the Company Secretary with Governance paperwork & arrangements for Board and sub-committee papers
- Minute taking
- Resolve Retail enquiries as required.
- Dealing with property repairs and maintenance as per procedure for both the Charity and Trading Company.
- Produce & run regular management reports
- Welcome visitors to the office and direct as appropriate
- Responsible for taking and redirecting phone calls to the correct recipient, passing on messages as required and receiving visitors to the office.
- Responsible for general office admin functions including the processing of incoming and outgoing mail both postal and electronic, recording incoming money, checking deliveries and ensuring meeting room bookings are properly managed.
- Maintain and update internal databases.
- Maintain and update supplier files (manual and electronic), and support with re-tender of contracts as per schedule for both the Charity and subsidiary divisions.
- Maintain and update current filing and archiving systems for both the Charity and Trading Company
- Monitor and maintain Health & Safety records for the Charity and its subsidiary divisions
- Regular stock taking for stationary and other office consumables, ordering stock as required.
- Any other Ad Hoc administrative tasks as required.
- Extensive administrative support across range of areas essential
- Delivery of high level customer service essential
- Experience in liaising with external parties (i.e. suppliers) essential
- Producing and running management reports preferred
- Experience with property repair & maintenance administration (desirable).
- Good organisation and planning skills.
- Ability to organise own workload.
- Ability to work effectively on own or as part of a team.
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Maintaining and updating Database
- Understanding of confidentiality
- Strong IT skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), email, the internet and databases.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Good organisation and planning skills.
- Ability to organise own workload and meet deadlines.
- Ability to interact with a wide range of people.
- Well motivated and proactive.
- Excellent at problem solving and able to use own initiative
- Good secondary education (preferably including qualifications in administration or similar).
- Flexibility, integrity and an understanding of confidentiality.
- Adaptable with the ability to react to urgent matters as they arise.
- Commitment to equal opportunities.
- Commitment to work alongside and support volunteers
Employees are expected to undertake any and all other reasonable and related tasks allocated by their Line Manager.
Ability to travel with occasional overnight stays should that be required.
|Contact Name||Tina Low|
|Telephone||0333 323 2400|
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist