Office Admin AssistantVacancy posted: Wednesday, 19 October 2016
Job ref. no.: BR517
JOB TITLE: Office Management Assistant (Reprographics/Despatch ) 6 Months Fixed Term
Based in Edinburgh
To work as a member of the Office Management team, helping achieve the team's objectives in providing an efficient and effective service to the Firm's clients, partners and staff.
The Office Management Assistant's responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing a comprehensive reprographics service which includes all aspects of copying, binding, scanning and general presentation of documents;
- Ensuring the Firm's incoming and outgoing mail requirements are met;
- Delivering all aspects of hospitality service to the highest possible standards, meeting agreed service levels and response times.
This is a flexible role that involves supporting all the Office Management functions and requires candidates to be willing to change roles and responsibilities on a regular basis. The successful candidate will work 35 hours per week, between the hours of 7:30am and 6pm. The successful candidate will also be required to work until 8pm to support the firm events and seminar programme. The later shift will be at set dates throughout the year and will be on a rota basis.
- Carrying out general printing / copy requests as efficiently as possible paying particular attention to detail and timescales;
- Scanning of documentation and emailing of files to requestors or importing on to the Document Management System as required;
- Assisting staff with the departmental copiers / printers
- Sorting, scanning and distributing incoming morning mail in a timely manner;
- Ensuring outgoing mail is ready for collection when necessary;
- Organising deliveries of internal and external courier items;
- Taking hand deliveries when requested
Front of House
- Welcoming visitors and clients to the premises, ensuring that Brodies sign-in procedures are followed;
- Dealing with telephone calls promptly and efficiently;
- Managing room and hospitality bookings, taxi bookings and parking;
- Setting up meeting rooms in accordance with Brodies style;
- Arranging hospitality and external catering;
- Carrying out stock checks of catering supplies;
- Assisting at client events;
· Be aware of Brodies’ information security policies, and protect information assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference at all times
- Distributing stationery & paper supplies to locations within the office when requested;
- Regular emptying of all confidential waste bins;
· Ensuring office entrance is well presented at all times;
· Answering client’s requests/queries and providing best solutions;
· Liaising with office contractors;
· Assisting with desk set up and office moves;
· Assisting with any ad hoc tasks which may arise in the office
- Presents a professional image and provides a high quality service to clients, internal customers and external suppliers;
- Communicates in a confident, clear and concise manner;
- Willing to be flexible and proactive;
- Ability to deal with constantly changing priorities and deadlines;
- Well organised and capable of working as an individual and as part of a team.
- Prepared, organised & able to prioritise;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Able to work efficiently and to strict timescales;
- Proficient working with basic Microsoft applications, Outlook Word & Excel
Brodies is committed to equality, diversity & the creation of an inclusive work environment where no partner, employee, potential employee or job applicant receives less favourable treatment. We value the skills, experience and perspective that a diverse and representative workforce offers us in terms of our ability to deliver top class legal services to our clients.
About Brodies LLP
Brodies LLP is a leading law practice delivering the highest level of legal services to a diverse public and private sector client base. With an international delivery capability, the firm offers legal advice in its core business areas of corporate and commercial, property, litigation, banking and financial services, employment and trust and tax. Brodies is the outstanding firm in its region in terms of leading lawyer numbers, focus on core markets, sustained profitable growth and quality client service. Brodies was named Scotland Law Firm of the Year at the Who's Who Legal Awards in 2012 and 2013 and we have 21 practice areas that are ranked top tier by the UK's independent legal directories. Brodies is committed to equality, diversity and the creation of an inclusive work environment where no partner, employee, potential employee or job applicant receives less favourable treatment. We value the skills, experience and perspective that a diverse and representative workforce offers us in terms of our ability to deliver top class legal services to our clients.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist