Old Fettesian Co-ordinatorVacancy posted: Friday, 6 January 2017
Salary: úCompetitive & benefits
Closing date: 22 January 2017
We are seeking an Old Fettesian Co-ordinator to join our close-knit Development Team. Reporting to the Director of Development, this role will create, support and manage opportunities for Old Fettesians to engage with each other and the College in order to:
- provide life-long opportunities for them to stay connected with each other and the College
- support communication channels between the College and OFs on the progress and plans for the College
- educate current pupils on the benefits of belonging to the Fettes Community from the day they start
The key responsibilities for this permanent and full-time role are:
1. To be the primary point of contact for Old Fettesians in order to facilitate, celebrate, nurture and grow their relationships with one another and with the College.
2. To build close working relationships with the OFA President, Office Bearers and Committee Members via regular and relevant communications (face to face and written), participation in OFA Committee meetings and event management and delivery.
3. To liaise with the OFA Treasurer over budgeting for events and projects in line with OFA Committee Strategy, including reconciliation of actual spend.
4. To work closely with OFA Regional Secretaries in the UK and internationally and the Secretaries of OFA sporting clubs to support them in the delivery of events and activities to drive engagement and build relationships with OFs; and to attend these events where possible and practical.
5. To work with colleagues across Development and Marketing to develop a joined up events and communications strategy for the Fettes Community, in order to streamline procedures, optimise resources and the long term benefits of each event or communication channel.
6. To manage and deliver the annual Commemoration Weekend with OFA volunteers, the Development Team and staff across Fettes College.
7. To produce, edit and distribute OFA News and Newsletters liaising closely with OFA Office Bearers.
8. To manage OF and former staff records in the Fettes College database to exacting standards including regularly updating data and supporting the OFA and colleagues to ensure all information is accurate.
9. To carefully manage communications relating to OFs who pass away ensuring information is made available to relevant sections of the Fettes Community in a sympathetic and timely manner and to source obituary information for inclusion in the OFA Newsletter.
10. To ensure OFA content on the fettescommunity website is accessible, usable and helpful and that all OFA web and social media is on brand, in consultation with Fettes College Marketing team.
11. To assist and liaise with the College Archivist with a view to encouraging contribution and access to the College’s extensive Archive from OFs.
12. To support all other OFA-related activity examples of which include:
- sending out milestone birthday cards and Fettesian magazines to those who subscribe
- administration of OFA Prize/Bursary/Awards and Scholarships
- College Tours for visiting OFs.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, with excellent interpersonal, communication and networking skills. Educated to degree level they will have a proven track record in event management and/or business administration and be able to demonstrate strong planning and project management skills.
For a Job Description & Person Specification and application form please download from our website via the link. If you would like further information prior to applying for this role, please contact Nicola Pickavance, Director of Development.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 22nd January 2017. Interviews will take place on Wednesday 1st February 2017.
|Contact Name||Caroline E Whiteside|
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Complaints And Policies Officer Action For Children , can-be-based-anywhere
- FREELANCE TRANSLATORS OF LEGAL TEXTSThe Court of Justice of the European Union, can-be-based-anywhere
- Office AdministratorPlaylist for Life , glasgow
- Social Care Worker - Home CareCity of Edinburgh Council, edinburgh
- Trainee Tram DriverEdinburgh Trams , edinburgh
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist