Temporary Fundraising AdministratorVacancy posted: Friday, 6 January 2017
Salary: £8.90 per hour
Closing date: 20 January 2017
Job ref. no.: RC/KT/FUND
Office Angels have an exciting opportunity for a Temporary Fundraising Administrator to join our client in Edinburgh. This is a temporary role for 12 weeks, which is starting on the 16th of January. The hourly rate is £8.90. Working 37.5 hours a week.
Duties and Tasks:
- Working in office based support role dealing with variety of tasks.
- Act as a first point of contact for fundraising enquiries, either by email, phone or in person and ensure all enquiries are acted upon within the requisite timescales
- Assist with the development and delivery of fundraising initiatives including writing letters, emailing donors, event coordination (preparation of guest list, mailings, notification of attendance etc.) and supplier/ contractor liaisons
- Provide support for meetings and events.
- Provide support for individuals who are raising funds in aid of the company, whether through organising their own events or participating in our events or taking part in large scale public events such as marathons, by supporting their fundraising activities, preparing fundraising packs, drafting correspondence, etc.
- Assist with event administration such as preparing guest lists, dietary requirements and venue research
- Assist with volunteer committee events, by attending committee meetings and ensuring the companies administration and support is provided.
- Coordinate all donor thank you letters and ensure timely acknowledgement of all gifts.
- Manage the communal inbox and allocate emails and enquires accordingly.
- Assist with all departmental administration, including database input and updating, mail merging in Microsoft word requests for donations, adding/editing information to excel spreadsheets, recording of planning and procedures, photocopying and filing, room bookings and catering requests
- Make contact with supporters/donors/prospects verbally, by phone, email or in writing
- Ensure marketing materials are displayed appropriately and constantly within the company
- Work with finance team to code invoices and to ensure proper recording of payments.
Skills and Experience Required:
- HND/NVQ3 standard (or equivalent) with excellent standard of literacy and numeracy
- Experience in using software packages including Microsoft word, Excel and outlook
- Experience using a contact management (or similar) database
- Good organisation and prioritising skills
- Ability to communicate sometimes complex information effectively and accurately using the appropriate communication tools.
- Good interpersonal customer service skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Research skills
- Ability to solve problems and deal with queries which require a proactive and tenacious manner
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to prioritise workload, and frequently to be able to work on several tasks at once
Whilst we'd love to get back to every applicant personally, it isn't always possible and sadly we cannot provide individual feedback.
If you are interested in this role and wish to be considered please click apply!
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Office Angels who are operating as an employment agency. Office Angels are an equal opportunities employer.
Benefits of temping:
Working as a temp is an ideal way of exploring different job roles and industries.
It's also perfect for ensuring you have the right work/life balance.
Here are just some of the heavenly benefits you can expect when you temp through Office Angels:
- Employed directly with Office Angels, meaning we're always on hand to ensure you're being well looked after
- We work with highly sought after employers in your local area and cover a huge range of roles from Reception, Customer Service and Administration, to Accounts, HR and Marketing.
- We can search for permanent work whilst you're in assignments and offer expert interview support and advice - Weekly pay
- 28 days paid annual leave (Based on a weekly accrual)
- Statutory Sick Pay in the unfortunate event you find yourself under the weather
We're proud to say our consultants are experts in recruitment and are more than happy to discuss the benefits in more detail; please contact your local Office Angels branch for further information.
**If you are currently registered with Office Angels and interested in this role please contact your consultant by email**
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
|Contact Name||Edinburgh Office|
|Telephone||0131 226 6112|
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Events And Marketing Assistant Holyrood Communications, edinburgh
- January Start - Customer Service AdministratorOffice Angels, edinburgh
- Sales AdministratorArnold Clark, edinburgh
- AdministratorFPSG, edinburgh
- Customer Service Representative - Temp to Perm - (Mon - Fri)Search Consultancy, edinburgh
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist