AdministratorVacancy posted: Thursday, 12 January 2017
Salary: £9 per hour
Closing date: 26 January 2017
Job ref. no.: OA/CD/KH/ADM
Office Angels are currently recruiting on behalf of our client for an Administrators. This is for a 6 month contract basis but working Full Time hours, located in South Edinburgh. The client operates two 7.5 hour shifts and the Administrator will cover between the following days and times, Office hours Monday - Thursday, 08:00AM-19:00PM, Friday 08:00AM - 17:00PM and Saturday 08:00AM - 16:00PM. Salary is £9 per hour plus a one off bonus at the end of the contract.
The successful candidate must be able to work well under pressure, have excellent communication skills, be a strong multi tasker with strong Microsoft knowledge as they will have responsibility for a range of administrative duties.
General Responsibilities & Duties:
- To provide and maintain an efficient and accurate bookings system for all patients using an online administration system and theatre diaries.
- To respond to enquiries from patients, members of the public, administrators and consultants in a courteous, timely and efficient manner by face to face meetings, by telephone, letter and email and maintain precise records of the communications.
- Regular liaisons with Clinical Management Team to ensure any operational issues are identified early and a resolution implemented.
- To manage patient pathway accurately and within the timescales set down by our key accounts, updating and maintaining numerous excel spreadsheets accurately and sharing the information with the key accounts.
- Maintain a log of appointments made to ensure a fair distribution among consultants.
- Maintain a log of procedures booked to ensure a fair distribution among consultants.
- Respond in a timely manner to any key account queries and minimise queries by proactively monitoring treatment time guarantee dates, ensuring the collation of appropriate information is recorded in a timely manner.
- To maintain stock control of stationery and consumable items used within the department.
- To attend relevant meetings at the hospital and on behalf of the hospital with the relevant hospital personnel involved with contracts.
- To undertake other duties appropriate to the position as delegated by the departmental manager including cross covering other team members roles.
- To practice and maintain a high standard of confidentiality at all times and exercise absolute discretion in the use of all patient/consultant/staff information.
Experience, Skills, Attributes Required:
- An excellent administrator with the ability to work accurately under pressure to achieve multiple deadlines with a variety of stakeholders.
- Outstanding communication skills with an ability to build a relationship with diverse audiences to include Patients, Prospective Customers, G.P's and Consultants.
- Ability to use initiative and problem solving when required.
- Accurate and good attention to detail.
- Ability to establish priorities and change focus where appropriate.
- Team player with the ability to provide fantastic customer service.
- Excellent computer skills. Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of the health care market and environment desirable.
- The post holder will be required to problem solve on a day to day basis on issues relating to their immediate role. They will seek advice from their line manager.
Whilst we'd love to get back to every applicant personally, it isn't always possible and sadly we cannot provide individual feedback. If you are interested in this role and wish to be considered please click apply!
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Office Angels who are operating as an employment agency. Office Angels are an equal opportunities employer.
**If you are currently registered with Office Angels and interested in this role please contact your consultant directly by email**
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
|Contact Name||Edinburgh Office|
|Telephone||0131 226 6112|
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist