Records Manager Fixed Term 2 Years Part Time 3 DaysVacancy posted: Wednesday, 15 February 2017
Salary: £26,224 - £28,999 per annum (pro rata)
Job ref. no.: HR/CC
The Records Manager will be responsible to the Head of Planning & Performance for implementing the records management plan for NGS in line with the requirements of the Public Records (Scotland) Act 2011 and helping to create and support a culture of effective and efficient records management practice across the organisation.
The main functions of this role will be:
- Implement an effective and consistent records management approach across NGS:
- Roll-out of the records management plan (RMP) across the organisation.
- Development of systems as required.
- Provision of staff training and support.
- Embedding of records management principles and building capacity for staff to manage records efficiently and effectively in line with the RMP:
- Develop a business classification scheme for NGS.
- Review the draft BCS, consulting with staff on its development.
- Finalise and roll out to staff.
- Implementation and monitoring of retention schedules for the organisation.
- Work with the Policy and Performance Manager to ensure compliance with Freedom of Information, Data Protection and other information legislation.
- Annual assessment of the Records Management Plan and review of policies and procedures.
- Establishing a system for management of the historical corporate records, ensuring that appropriate documents are lodged with National Records of Scotland.
- Control/ management of off-site records storage.
- Reviewing of processes around the management of Intranet content, including approval of documents for uploading.
- Liaison with Acting Chief Information Officer on policy and procedures.
|Contact Name||Cathy Campbell|
|Telephone||0131 624 6281|
|Address||73 Belford Road
About National Galleries of Scotland
The National Galleries of Scotland (NGS) cares for, develops, researches and displays the national collection of Scottish and international art and, with a lively and innovative programme of activities, exhibitions, education and publications, aims to engage, inform and inspire the broadest possible public.
NGS is a non-departmental public body (NDPB) centrally funded by the Scottish Executive. It is internationally renowned, attracts nearly 1.5 million visitors per year and consists of the following sites in Edinburgh:
Ã¢Ã¢â¬Ã¢ The Scottish National Gallery on The Mound
Ã¢Ã¢â¬Ã¢ The Scottish National Portrait Gallery on Queen Street
Ã¢Ã¢â¬Ã¢ The Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art on Belford Road
There are also partner galleries: Duff House in Banff and Paxton House in Berwickshire.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist