Admin Co-ordinator (Secretariat)Vacancy posted: Friday, 17 February 2017
Salary: Grade 4a - £22,059 per annum
Job ref. no.: 17.01
The Faculty of Advocates is a modern and forward thinking professional body with a long and interesting history, as part of the fabric of Scottish Society since at least 1532, with a mix of both historic and modern traditions. We are the professional body for Advocates in Scotland. We educate, develop, regulate and represent our members who are 460 practising advocates in Scotland as well as other members who are not practising. We are run by elected Office Bearers headed up by the Dean of Faculty.
A role has arisen within the Dean’s Secretariat for a Co-ordinator (Secretariat). Excellence is important to us. If it is important to you, we’d like to hear from you.
This role sits within the Dean’s Secretariat team, at its core it is an administrative role and involves providing excellent administrative skills with keen attention to detail, and supporting both the Office Bearers and the organisation more generally. It is a varied and interesting position.
Reporting to the Faculty Solicitor the role involves:
- Carrying out general office duties -typing correspondence, mail merge, managing diaries and meetings in outlook, and document management
- Arranging travel and assisting in arranging events using online tools
- Assisting with membership communications using appropriate online and IT tools.
- Use of IT Systems including sage, excel, CRM and databases to keep records updated and accurate – this includes membership records and administration of our continuous professional development scheme.
- Assisting with co-ordinating membership services including administration of consultations, complaints, the Faculty’s Free Legal Services Unit, and the Faculty’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Service.
- Providing general administrative support and assisting in the maintenance of all Faculty systems relative to matters handled by the Secretariat.
Consequently, the successful candidate will likely have an HNC in Business Administration or equivalent vocational qualification. Relevant experience working in busy office environment together with Higher Grade English is essential.
Excellent administrative and communication skills, an eye for attention to detail, a desire to take a pride in your work, and the ability to work effectively under pressure, in a pleasant, enthusiastic and diplomatic manner is all essential.
As indicative guidance at least five years’ experience of working with electronic systems and the management of confidential data is desirable as is secretarial experience, including good typing skills. But the post holder may have less years’ experience, provided they possess the necessary skills and experience to perform the role.
Please click on apply and forward a covering email for an application pack.
Closing date: Close of Business, 5pm, Monday 27th February 2017
Please note that only information contained in the application form will be considered.
|Contact Instructions||For further information and an application form please click Apply and forward a covering email.|
About Faculty Services Limited
The Faculty of Advocates is one of Scotland's most ancient institutions, and it is the professional body of approximately 460 practising Advocates.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist