Vacancy posted: Friday, 26 August 2016
Are you looking for an exciting and rewarding opportunity and the chance to earn whilst you learn? Then apply now!
You will be working for...
A fortune 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, and the worldâ€™s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of revenue). In the UK they advise on more commercial property than any other adviser. They are a company who believe in development and progressing their staff and for a young person coming into the business at entry level, it is an amazing opportunity.
Be part of QAs 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UKs tech explosion!
In this job...
Your apprenticeship role is to assist in the day to day running of the office delivering a first class service is provided to both colleagues and clients whereby always ensuring that all deadlines are met and positive outcomes achieved.
- To welcome and look after all visitors on arrival ensuring that they sign in
- Sort and distribution of incoming mail, including recorded delivery and faxes -and any mail redirection
- Collate and accurately record the mail counts for Accounts Payable
- Collection and delivery of internal mail to and from our other Glasgow Office
- To action all meeting room bookings and set up in the absence of IT
- To contact external suppliers for maintenance and record details in the log book
- Check and reset all meeting rooms every evening before leaving the office
- Conduct office walk round (including mail room) to maintain a tidy office environment and identify and deal with any matters arising
- Envelope and frank all external mail, including daily demands / letters and the preparation of outgoing couriered mail
- Scan all cheques and take them to the appropriate bank
- Scan and attach invoices on to P2P for Accounts Payable
- Log, scan and post error and sold invoices
- Filing of batches for Cash Team
- Copy remittances for the Cash Team
- Binding Client Reports for the Client Accounting Team
- Printing of Poland invoices, including scanning back returned and unable to send mail
- To archive boxes from Iron Mountain and Fario
- Any ad-hoc admin duties as and when required
The successful candidate will be in this role for at least 18 month over the course of the apprenticeship and further development.
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 9.00 - 17.00, although flexibility with hours may be required on occasion
Your training will...
Start with a 12-14 month Business apprenticeship, which consists of work-based assessment, covering: IT skills, Customer service, Administration and Complaints handling. With the opportunity of a 1 Day Microsoft Office Specialist training course at our training centre.
You will gain an SVQ in Business & Administration and Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS). This is a fantastic opportunity to start a long and rewarding career in Business Administration.
Who should apply...
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to quickly form professional relationships with colleagues and clients at all levels of seniority
- Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met
- Maintains a positive attitude towards routine tasks
- Accurate and exceptional attention to detail
- Pro-active and enjoys working autonomously and as part of a wider team
- Confident and assertive where required
- Sociable and outgoing
- Flexible approach to work
- Team player who deals effectively with colleagues and clients
- Good communication - both verbal and written is essential
The successful candidate must have at least 5 standards (Level 1 - 3) OR 5 National Level 5 grades, both qualifications must include Maths and English.
What happens when I finish my apprenticeship...
Career Progression, company benefits.
It only takes a minute to apply for a Business apprenticeship with QA and begin your Business career with great prospects today.
QAâ€™s apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europeâ€™s main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
Job Reference: 8723
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist