Office AdministratorVacancy posted: Friday, 9 September 2016
Salary: £21,310 pro rata
Closing date: 03 October 2016
MAF UK are looking for a part-time Office Administrator to join their Scottish Office based in Glasgow for a fixed term of 1-year.
Reporting to the Head of MAF Scotland, the Office Administrator will be a highly collaborative member of the team, responsible for a wide variety of office administration duties, including representing MAF to all volunteers, callers and visitors. The successful candidate will liaise with church leaders, volunteers and staff and deal with all day-to-day enquiries from Scottish supporters. You will also play a vital role in assisting with the development of MAF Scotland social media and digital communications.
- Liaising with Head of MAF Scotland, the MAF in the Community (MiC) Manager for Scotland and the UK Office based in Kent
- Being the public face for MAF supporters, volunteers and enquirers.
- Proactively contacting church leaders and representatives to organise MAF speaking engagements and opportunities
- Developing MAF Scotland social media, web pages and digital communications
- General office administration tasks including answering the telephone, filing, postage, emails and letters
Required skills and experience:
- Educated to GCSE or equivalent level, possibly with a communications or on-line marking qualification
- Experience of working in an office environment
- Experience of working both in a team and on own initiative with a wide variety of service users/ supporters/ volunteers, developing excellent relationships over the phone and email.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, social media and web development applications
- An excellent communicator who is organised, efficient and resourceful
- Able to manage multiple deadlines and priorities with an excellent eye for detail
- The working hours are 19 hours per week part-time working Wednesday, Thursday & Friday.
- MAF UK provides a non-contributory pension scheme for staff of 10% salary on joining.
- Pro-rata 22 days annual leave per year plus the 8 statutory paid public holidays per year, plus additional paid leave Christmas to New Year office closure.
There is an occupational requirement for the job holder of this position to be a committed Christian. Additional information is available on request.
|Contact Name||Tricia Holley|
Castle Hill Avenue
Scottish Office: 29 Canal Street, Glasgow, G4 0AD
About Mission Aviation Fellowship
Mission Aviation Fellowship is a Christian organisation serving 26 developing countries to reach the world's forgotten people - those living out of sight, out of mind and out of hope. With land access denied by inaccessible terrain - due to natural disaster, war or economic crisis - thousands of communities are completely isolated. Operating around 135 light aircraft, MAF's pilots fly to some 1,500 remote destinations. Whether landing in deserts or jungles, on lakes, rivers, tracks or roads, MAF planes transport essential medical care, food, water, relief teams and church workers to those in desperate need. Each flight carries practical help, spiritual hope and physical healing to thousands of men, women and children for whom flying is not a luxury but a lifeline. MAF is flying for life. In the UK, MAF is a registered charity funded by voluntary donations which help finance the work of MAF worldwide.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Supply Venue Assistant, Linlithgow Burgh Halls and Howden Park Centre (367.70)West Lothian Council, west-lothian
- Catering Assistant (Bank Register)East Ayrshire Council, ayrshire-east
- Cleaner (Bank Register)East Ayrshire Council, ayrshire-east
- Social Care Assistant - Home CareCity of Edinburgh Council, edinburgh
- Graduate Intern PlacementsRenfrewshire Council, renfrewshire
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist