Administration OfficerVacancy posted: Monday, 19 September 2016
Closing date: 28 September 2016
The Business Services Team is a key point of contact for staff, members and external enquires. The team is responsible for finance, administration and office procedures, and providing administrative and diary assistance to the Chief Executive.
These services are essential to the proper functioning of other teams and the organisation as a whole, and central to the delivery of good customer service to our members and other clients.
Brief description of unit:
The Business Services unit maintains sound financial, H&S, HR and information systems.
The team is responsible for the delivery and management of a number of essential business functions, including financial management and reporting, ICT systems, maintaining membership and marketing database, administration of HR processes, and management of office space, systems and suppliers.
Activities carried out by unit:
Financial management and reporting, maintenance of office facilities including the administering function for meeting room hire, assist in the maintenance of member records; HR support function to line managers and maintenance of HR systems for the organisation.
Financial Management, including maintenance of sales ledger, generating monthly reporting on credit control and banking administration.
Role & Responsibilities
- Acting as the main point of contact for enquiries by email, phone and post with responsibility for answering the main phone line and reception duties, including sign in of visitors and receiving deliveries
- Responsible for processing incoming mail and ensuring outgoing mail is correctly franked and posted each evening
- Liaison and interaction with suppliers of goods and services for the organisation. Provide administrative and event support to other teams (Policy & Events).
- Reconciliation of bank and receipt of payments to SAGE finance system, ensuring payments are correctly filed and liaising with customers to resolve any disputes
- Creating invoices for events and ensuring delegate registration is logged and accurate. Liaison with Events team to resolve any discrepancies and deal with disputes in a timely manner
- Issue debt recovery letters as appropriate with input from the Office Coordinator
- Key contact at renewal time for the creation of renewal invoices, maintaining registers and invoicing in a timely manner.
- Supporting membership renewals including preparing certificates, letter and updating database
- Update the Membership Tracker, checking against paid subscriptions and maintaining accurate reports.
- First point of contact for all invoicing queries
- Meeting room bookings, set up, clearing and arranging catering as required
- PA support to Chief Executive and Directors
- Supporting Office Coordinator in the management of the Scottish Renewables office-space, e.g. sustainable procurement and maintenance of stationery, facilities, event and office supplies
- Booking of accommodation and travel for members of staff and monitoring the travel and subsistence budget with responsibility for ensuring targets are met
- Troubleshooting minor IT and telecoms issues and liaising with suppliers to resolve
- Uploading job advertisements to SR website
- Processing new member applications
- Experience of working as an administrator in a busy office with ability to work under pressure
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Sage Accounts experience is essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to deal with face-to-face and telephone enquiries in a courteous and patient manner
- Ability to prioritise workload in order to meet deadlines
- Organised and able to multi-task across a number of projects simultaneously
- Team player who can work on own initiative and is motivated and keen to develop existing skills whilst having a flexible approach
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and awareness of the need for accuracy at all times
|Contact Name||Emma Campbell|
|Telephone||0141 353 4981|
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist