Senior Business AdministratorVacancy posted: Wednesday, 21 September 2016
Closing date: 30 September 2016
The Soluis Group are looking for an experienced Business Administrator to fill a key role in their Glasgow office. The organisation consists of several operating divisions that provide creative solutions and application development services to a wide range of clients – with particular focus across all major sectors of construction.
The successful candidate will work closely with each part of the company and be a personable first point of contact for external business contacts.
The role will carry a significant responsibility for organising the various key areas of business activity and managing the administrative team. This will include responsibility for liaising with our HR provider and supporting the finance function with key input around budgets, payroll and invoicing. Though the responsibility of this position will focus on providing the business with a complete range of administrative support services, it will be expected that the successful candidate will work pro-actively to drive efficiency.
The candidate should have at least eight years’ experience of working in a busy office environment. Recognised qualifications in business administration and the capability to demonstrate success in a similar role will be considered favourable to the applicant. Qualifications or equivalent experience in the finance and HRM functions will be deemed beneficial to this role.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities associated with this role are as follows:
- Provision of company-wide administrative support for employees
- Responsibility for agreements and interaction with external HR provider
- Maintaining well-organised files and records of business activity
- Act as personal assistant to executive team
- Facilitating and managing the processing of invoices
- Negotiating terms with suppliers and vendors
- Liaising with client representatives on payments and invoicing
- Managing call and mail handling procedures
- Input into formulation of budgets
- Monitoring expenses and company spending
- Facilitating travel and accommodation for staff
- Maintaining levels of office stationery and operation of office equipment
- Preparing and maintaining company policy documentation
- Driving process efficiency across business administration activity
- Participation in key management and board meetings
- Preparing reports and other forms of documentation as required
- Line management of nominated administrative staff
Skills, Experience & Knowledge
The following list provides specific qualities required for the individual in this position:
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience working in a busy office environment
- Proven organisation skills and ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent use of written and spoken English
- Effective in handling incoming communication and relaying information to others
- Experience across wide range of business administration areas
- Knowledge of standard accounting principles and systems
- Understanding of common HRM processes, policies and procedures
- Ability to prioritise and effectively manage multiple resources
Salary is negotiable and the standard holiday entitlement is 28 days per annum.
The position is available on a full-time basis, with possible options for part-time working.
|Contact Name||Susanne Scott|
|Address||Head of Business Services|
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist