Office Services Team Leader ( Mat Cover 12 Months)Vacancy posted: Monday, 10 October 2016
Closing date: 10 November 2016
Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law.
Our people are our greatest asset. We bring together lawyers of the highest calibre with the technical knowledge, industry experience and regional know-how to provide the incisive advice our clients need. How we share our knowledge across our business, and with our clients, is critical in delivering value to our clients.
We currently have 27 offices in 16 countries and a number of referral relationships that enable us to offer the reach and insight of a global network, combined with the knowledge and understanding of local markets. With 420 partners and a further 1,450 lawyers working across 10 different time zones, we are able to respond to our clients wherever and whenever they need us.
Our clients value us for being approachable, astute and commercially minded. As a global team we have a reputation for successfully managing large and complex multi-jurisdictional transactions, disputes and projects, and delivering outstanding outcomes for clients in innovative ways.
Title: Office Services Team Leader
Reporting to: HR & Operations Manager
Location: Ashurst Glasgow Office
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 - 5:30, however you may be required to work additional hours as necessary to carry out your duties.
Overview: Deliver the provision of first class office services in the Glasgow office.
Main responsibilities - Office Services Team Leader
- Providing management of the day to day aspects of the Glasgow Office Services team from mail, couriers, recycling, cleaning, catering, all supplier and maintenance contractors to a high standard.
- Management of 1 Office Services Assistant & 1 Administrator to including their day to day management, administration of any absence, regular work appraisals, providing support,
- training and guidance on objectives, training etc.
- Managing H&S to include DSE assessments, liaising with the fire wardens/marshals. Sourcing and proposing training.
- Evaluation of evacuation procedures and first aid requirements.
- Arranging quotes and repairs in the office as required. Liaising
- with contractors to organise and supervise works.
- Supervision of business card ordering and production, ensuring that they are house style, timely and accurate, including archive.
- Assist HR & Operations Manager and projects team with any fit-out & refurbishment works to the Glasgow office.
- Tenant liaison for day to day issues with building management
- Holiday and sickness cover of the OS Assistant & Administrator's duties
- Responsible for managing the general office cleanliness and readiness for staff, putting policies in place for kitchen cleanliness, liaising with the building management to conveyany faults in their demise
- New starter inductions, office tours, access pass preparation, tour and introductions. Supervising the planning for the first day i.e. organising breakfast and lunches
- Managing the purchasing of office, equipment, furniture, signage misc. items
- Assist with the planning of office events from initial planning, managing suppliers and setting up of meeting rooms
- Handling goods in/out, deliveries and collections to and from the loading bay and between floors/buildings
- Assisting with courier receipt and despatch
- Managing the client care in the office, ensuring high standards from welcoming visitors to exceeding client care for internal clients/service requestors
- Supervising meeting rooms to set up for meeting and ensure all IT, equipment, air con is in full working order and ready for users
- Answering telephone queries (internal and external)
- Management of the replenishing of printer/copier toners and first line maintenance
- Approval of the supply/ordering of stationery, office equipment and auxiliary items including overseeing stock checks
- Planning and supervising office moves for office churn
- Preparation of desks for the next incoming member of staff directly after leaver exits it
- Monitoring and ordering name plates for new joiners, updating seating plans and office guides
- Process and manage the firms incoming and outgoing archiving (as required)
- Any other duties as required by line management
Additional Tasks - Office Services Team Leader
- Effective communication with all colleagues
- Reviewing and amending standard operating policies and procedures as necessary
Essential skills and experience
- Previous management/supervisory experience
- H&S knowledge
- Team player with a good sense of humour
- Proven background in customer care
- Negotiation skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Professional in attitude
- Able to communicate in a polite and calm manner
- Reliable, flexible and adaptable
- Logical worker who uses initiative and is able to prioritise
- Maintain confidentiality and sensitivity of information and use discretion when dealing with such matters
Keywords: Office Services, Administration, Team Leader, Glasgow, Senior Administrator, Office Manager, Maternity Cover, Contract, Supervisory, Management, Office, Operations, Health & Safety, Contract Management, Service Providers, Suppliers, Word, Excel, Outlook, Administration Manager
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist