Secretary & Receptionist (Maternity Cover)Vacancy posted: Thursday, 13 October 2016
Closing date: 31 October 2016
This is a temporary 4-month contract to cover maternity leave. Start Date 01/12/2016
Safety at Sea are looking for a self-motivated, experienced and reliable person to join their friendly team in Glasgow. The successful candidate must be able to show effective communication skills at all levels, perform well under pressure and be able to work as part of a small team. This multi-faceted role requires a keen work ethic and a strong sense of responsibility. This position is initially for 4 months to cover maternity leave.
General key tasks:
- To provide administrative support and day-to-day office services.
- To use a variety of software packages including, Word, Outlook, Excel & PowerPoint.
Specific key tasks:
- To ensure that the office telephones are open to both internal and external callers between the hours of 8.45 am and 5.00 pm Monday to Friday.
- Daily housekeeping routine, including collection of milk, provision of tea and coffee facilities each day, tidying of breakout area & emptying of the dishwasher etc.
- To receive and direct visitors and clients.
- To answer, screen and transfer inbound phone calls and to ensure that calls are correctly and professionally dealt with.
- To ensure that all post is opened, dated and distributed in a timely manner.
- Under the supervision of the Office Manager, to manage stock control and purchasing of supplies including stationery, office sundries, stamps, kitchen and catering supplies.
- To perform Secretarial functions including preparing and modifying documents such as correspondence, emails and spreadsheets.
- To provide general clerical duties including photocopying, printing, fax and outgoing mail.
- Monitor staff emails in times of absence.
- To manage office equipment maintenance.
- To ensure the meeting room and office surroundings are kept in a presentable state and organize confidential waste disposal.
- To administer travel and accommodation arrangements for staff members where appropriate.
- To respond to routine administrative enquiries and handle requests for information or documents.
- To arrange appointments, meetings, marketing activities and events when requested, co-ordinating attendees, organizing venue, catering and IT support where necessary.
- To organize staff meetings and social events as required.
- To maintain the electronic and hard copy company general filing systems.
- To perform any other duty as required in support of the Managing Director, Office & Accounts Manager and other colleagues.
Extensive experience working in a similar role for an SME
Mature & professional attitude
Flexible approach to work
Keen work ethic & self-motivated
A strong sense of responsibility
Good attention to detail
Strictly no agencies.
Closing date: 31st October 2016
Please send your CV to the email address provided below including a brief description of yourself and why you feel you would be a positive addition to our team. Successful applicants will be forwarded an application form to be filled out and returned no later than 31st October 16. We look forward to hearing from you.
|Contact Name||Jill Pattison|
|Contact Instructions||Please email email@example.com|
|Address||Safety at Sea Ltd,
280 St Vincent Street,
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist