Administrator/ReceptionistVacancy posted: Wednesday, 25 January 2017
Salary: £7.30 per hour
Closing date: 25 February 2017
Job ref. no.: Mosswood Care Home
About Pacific Care
Founded in 1998, Pacific Care Limited is an established care provider bringing together services and care home facilities for older persons. A family owned business with a proven track record in the Care industry with a portfolio of six care facilities throughout Glasgow and Renfrewshire.
We are now looking for an Administrator / Receptionist based at Mosswood Care Home, Linwood who will be responsible for efficient and accurate administration within the Business and also to ensure that processes are working in line with company policy and procedures
This position is for 30 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
To assist in the smooth running of the Reception Area and office administration of the Care Centre.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
Good numerical and word processing skills
Knowledge / experience of MS Word and MS Excel
Good communication and organisational skills- spoken and written English essential
Friendly, confident, well-presented and customer-focused
Professional telephone manner
Ability to work on own initiative, Time management, prioritizing.
Genuine interest in working within a caring environment
An appreciation of need for confidentiality
Satisfactory PVG Record Check
Desired, but not essential:
Knowledge of Sage Accounts Package
Previous experience of accounting computer packages
Previous experience of book-keeping / administration
1. Maintain complete files for Service User’s and Staff Members in line with the Company’s policies and procedures including holiday records, attendance records preparation of salary returns and banking.
2. Provide administrative / secretarial support to the Manager e.g. typing, filing, and dealing with correspondence etc, within given timescales.
3. Operate office equipment such as fax, photocopier and computer as required.
4. Answer the telephone, respond to enquiries from Service User’s and Visitors at Reception, and re-direct enquiries in a friendly and efficient manner.
5. Maintain stationery supplies.
6. Assist in the maintaining of accurate financial records of the Care Centre in line with Company policies and procedures, using computer and manual systems including petty cash management.
7. Assist in processing receipts of monies against Service User’s accounts. Maintain records.
8. Assist in the preparation and submission of relevant Service User financial information to the Sales Ledger Department to ensure that invoices are produced accurately and promptly.
9. Assist in checkong and processing purchase invoices on Sage .
10. Assist in checking purchase suppliers statements at month end.
11. Assisting in updating petty cash monthly both manually and on Sage.
12. Assist Accounts Administrator / Supervisor with Financial duties at period ends and year end
13. Participate in Staff and Client meetings, as and when required.
14. Actively market the Care Centre and promote a positive personal / professional profile within the local community, ensuring the good reputation of the Care Centre at all times.
15. Show Visitors round the Care Centre, in the absence of the Home Manager.
16. Prepare and display information leaflets and posters, send out brochures etc, as and when required.
Training & Development:
17. Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required.
18. Maintain professional knowledge and competence.
Health & Safety:
19. Report immediately to the Home Manager, or Person in Charge, any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a Client, colleague, self or another.
20. Understand and ensure the implementation of the Care Centre’s Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures.
21. Report to the Home Manager, or the Handyperson, any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment or any potential hazard.
22. Promote safe working practice in the Care Centre.
23. Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
24. Notify the Home Manager, or the Person in Charge, as soon as possible of your inability to work, and also on your return to work from all periods of absence.
25. Ensure the security of the Care Centre is maintained at all times.
26. Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined timescales.
27. Ensure all equipment is clean and well maintained.
28. Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.
In this role at Mosswood Care Home, you will also attend all mandatory training courses run by the Home that can include, moving and handling, infection control, fire safety and food and hygiene courses.
If you meet the requirements above and want to work for a forward thinking company within the care sector, get in touch with us today.
Send us a copy of your CV with a covering letter highlighting relevant experience and skills in relation to this position to Angela Colthart, Pacific Care Limited, 59 Charles Street, Glasgow, G21 2PR or apply on line
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist