Vacancy posted: Monday, 6 February 2017
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting and vibrant company. Here, you get to earn and learn. Apply now!
You will be working for...
A company founded in 2002, they are a comprehensive computer support and I.T. services company who design bespoke computer networks to fit individual business requirements of their clients. They provide complete technology services for a variety sectors - from finance, marketing, law and more. They specialise in On-site repairs, Remote maintenance, Network services, Software solutions, Hardware and software sales, Consultancy, Server maintenance, Workstation maintenance, Network maintenance, Network design and installation.
Be part of QA's 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK's tech explosion!
Your role will be...
- Working as part of a team within a busy IT support helpdesk environment
- Responding to IT support requests via telephone and assisting with their queries using remote system software
- Carrying out IT maintenance tasks on client systems
- Monitoring client systems
- Carrying out basic troubleshooting/diagnostic/repairs on IT systems (remotely and in lab, under supervision)
Are you a bit of a problem-solver? Eager to take your technology knowledge to the next level?
Our training programme is designed to provide you with real-world skills using the most recent IT Technologies to transform you into a highly-skilled IT Apprentice (all debt free!)Our apprenticeships blends on-the-job experience, face-to-face workshops and online learning which will teach you a range of new skills including:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Cloud Technologies
- Support BYOD
- Microsoft Windows 7/8.1 and Other Client Operating Systems
- Mobility Solutions such as Microsoft Intune
- Securing Devices and Networks
What qualifications will you gain?
- SCQF 6 Qualifications (Equivalent To Working At Advanced Higher/HNC Level), SCQF 6 Qualifications (Equivalent To Working At Advanced Higher/HNC Level)
- Vendor qualifications - Installing And Configuring Windows 7 Client (Exam Optional - Only One Exam Included*), Upgrading Your Skills To MCSA Windows 8 (Exam Optional - Only One Exam Included*), Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices ICND1 (Exam Optional Cost), Microsoft IT Security Fundamentals (no exam), Installing and configuring Windows server 2012 (exam optional cost), Server Virtualization With Windows Server HYPER-V and System Center (Exam Optional Cost), Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices ICND2 (Exam Optional Cost), *Apprentices can choose to take an exam in one of these courses. If they wish to do the exam for both, speak to your QA apprenticeships account manager for more information and costs
- SCQF 8 Qualifications (Equivalent To Second Year Of Degree Study), SQA SCQF 8 Diploma in ICT and Telecommunication Professional
Programme duration: 16 - 24 month Higher IT apprenticeship (with opportunity to step off after Part 1* if you find that the training/role isn't for you)- * If you choose to step off, you would still gain SCQF 6 qualifications equivalent to working at advanced higher/HNC level.
Who should apply...
The ideal candidate will have...
- A genuine passion for IT
- A keen interest in IT maintenance and computer support
- A knowledge of Microsoft programmes
- A strong desire for learning and personal development
- Good communication (verbal and written) skills
- A keen will to learn
The candidate must have at least 5 standards (Level 1 - 3) OR 5 National Level 5 grades, both qualifications must include Maths and English.
Other Important Information...
The daily working hours are from 9:00am-5:00pm, Monday-Friday
What happens when I complete my apprenticeship...
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their IT tionally may be opportunities to undertake further learning such as Higher apprenticeships.
It only takes a minute to apply for a IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT career with great prospects today.
QA's apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe's main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
Job Reference: 10382
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist