Shipping AdministratorVacancy posted: Wednesday, 15 February 2017
Salary: £8.50 - £9 per hour
Closing date: 01 March 2017
Job ref. no.: Req/422040
My client based in the city centre of Glasgow is recruiting for a Shipping Administrator for approximately 12 weeks. Ideally you must have shipping experience but someone with a strong Customer Service Admin background could be considered.
* Develop and maintain excellent customer relations
* Receive, download and process manifests
* Liaise with Accounts Dept. to confirm non-credit clients and issue letters and invoices accordingly
* Negotiate costs on behalf of overseas office
* Provide pin numbers to Merchant Haulage customers and liaise with Container Control Dept.
* Issue invoices for every vessel to obtain payment for all inward freight cargo payable in the UK
* Investigate and respond promptly to Sales Ledger or customer queries
* Ensure detailed quality reports are recorded for future reference
* Complete and issue cargo tracking documents to specific customers
* Collate statistical data from Import Ledger and transfer onto Performance Report on system
* Maintain ongoing communications and relations with our offices abroad
* Ensure knowledge of all aspects of import quotes and bookings
If you are available immediately an interested in this role then please apply below.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age
|Contact Name||Jade Mason|
|Telephone||0141 272 7751|
Established in 1987, Search Consultancy has grown to become one of the UK's leading recruitment consultancies. With offices in 13 locations across the country, we place people at all levels across a wide range of commercial and industry sectors.Company profile View all jobs with Search Consultancy
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist