Research & Development AdministratorVacancy posted: Thursday, 16 February 2017
Salary: £17-20 depending on experience, plus an attractive benefits package including Profit Related Pay and Healthcare
Closing date: 03 March 2017
Macphie is a leading family-owned company with over 80 years’ experience and success of developing and manufacturing premium quality food ingredients and solutions, underpinned by a real passion for food and innovation.
This is an exciting opportunity for a full-time Administrator to join our Research and Development department based at our Tannochside site in Uddingston on a permanent basis. This is a fast moving varied role which involves administrative and secretarial support for the Research and Development department.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for all aspects of Product Development administration
- Dealing with customer enquiries and processing their requests
- Providing the secretarial and admin support for the R&D department.
- Being proactive in improving the administration and efficiency of the department
- Maintaining all project logs and work trackers
- Arranging the despatch of samples and manage the courier service
- Collating information and producing the department monthly report
- Liaising with commercial managers and processing their requests
- Managing department visits
- Taking minutes as required
- Scheduling technologists work requests
- Reciprocal cover for the Glenbervie R+D Administration function
Our ideal candidate will be a motivated and resourceful individual possessing a positive, can-do attitude, high level of initiative and drive, excellent time management, organisational skills and the ability to work on their own and as part of the wider team. Previous experience of a similar roll is essential. The individual should possess the following skills and experience:
- A proven track record of efficient administration is essential
- Experience of IT systems and MS Office is required including databases, project management software, MS Excel and Word
- Good time management and problem solving skills, prioritising own workload
- Communication skills, both written and verbal should be of a high standard; We are extremely passionate about providing an excellent service to our customers and the Administrator will play a huge part in that delivery
- A full UK driving licence – driving is likely to be local and infrequent
- Flexible to the needs of the business
Salary: £17 – 20k plus an attractive benefits package including Profit Related Pay and Healthcare
To apply for this opportunity please follow the online S1 application process
Close date: 3rd March 2017
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist