Admin Support AssistantVacancy posted: Thursday, 6 October 2016
Salary: £12,247 - £13,009
Closing date: 23 October 2016
Job ref. no.: ABS07300
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
Provide efficient and effective, customer focused support to Council Services, working on an individual basis or collaboratively as part of a team.
There is a responsibility for the post holder to demonstrate a commitment to quality service delivery through continuous improvement for the benefit of the Service and the organisation.
This post is regulated work with children and/or protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. Where an individual has spent a continuous period of 3 months or more out with the UK in the last 5 years, an Overseas Criminal Record Check will be required. You will be required to provide this check. A confirmed offer of employment and commencement in the post will be subject to the outcome of both these pre-employment checks being deemed satisfactory.
The majority of posts within Aberdeenshire Council fall into one of the categories as detailed on the Worksmart website - http://worksmart.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/
This post has a minimum requirement of one reference which must be your current or most recent employer.
Informal enquiries to Wilma Walker 01467 634380Responsibilities
• Provide support, which may include reception duties, data input, word processing and producing a range of documents
• Organise meetings and events including booking venues, issuing invitations, distributing documentation and general minute taking as required
• First point of contact for enquiries, responding appropriately by telephone, in writing, by e-mail or in person and re-directing as appropriate
• Update and maintain records, files and databases in line with corporate records management standards
• Order goods and services
• Process invoices and payments, which may include the use of financial management systems, e.g. Oracle
• Assist in the collation, preparation and provision of information; verifying and validating as necessary
• Undertake general office duties including photocopying and processing mail
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist