Committee Services OfficerVacancy posted: Wednesday, 21 September 2016
Salary: £21,387 - £24,800
Closing date: 05 October 2016
Job ref. no.: EAD01026
This vacancy is presenty only available to permanent and temporary employees of East Dunbartonshire Council and agency workers currently on assignment.
Please note this post is temporary (maternity cover) initially until end of May 2017
Based at Southbank Marina, 12 Strathkelvin Place you will assist the in the effective delivery of the work of the Democratic Services Team.
Duties will include assisting to deliver efficient, effective and consistent Committee Services for all appropriate decision making bodies which includes regular attendance at evening meetings, assist in the delivery of election processes and assist in the Council's preparedness and response to any civil contingency matters. You will be based within a busy office environment and good IT skills are essential. You should be able to work as part of a team and work under pressure to deliver results and enjoy the variety of tasks within your remit.
For further information please contact Mrs Lesley McKenzie on 0141 578 8021.
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
About East Dunbartonshire Council
East Dunbartonshire lies to the north of Glasgow bounded by the Campsie Fells and the Kilpatrick Hills.
It is a strategically significant location for economic, social and environmental development between the city and the gateway to the Highlands through the West Highland Way and eastwards through the Kelvin Valley.
With a population of 104,570, East Dunbartonshire is in the mid-range of Scottish local authorities in terms of population and covers an area of 77 square miles.
It comprises an attractive mixture of urban and rural areas that included the following suburban and rural settlements of Bearsden, Bishopbriggs, Kirkintilloch, Milngavie, Lenzie, Milton of Campsie, Lennoxtown, Torrance and Twechar.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist