Senior Payroll AdministratorVacancy posted: Wednesday, 21 December 2016
Salary: Competitive salary and other benefits
Breedon Group Ltd is looking to recruit an experienced Senior Payroll Administrator to work at our Northern Head Office at Monifieth, near Dundee.
THE ROLE: You will work as part of a small team processing four separate weekly payrolls for two of the Company’s Divisions using a bespoke payroll system.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Your responsibilities will be to:-
- Input data relating to employee payments into the payroll database on a weekly basis;
- Ensure that employees are paid on time and receive the correct payments;
- Ensure that correct payments, reports and returns are reconciled ready for submission to HMRC, the Company’s pension providers, Auto Enrolment pension provider and other statutory bodies;
- Assist with weekly/monthly processes essential for statutory and other returns, for example RTI;
- Deal with enquiries from employees and external contacts and agencies, by telephone or in writing or on occasion in person;
- Conduct regular checks to ensure the integrity of the payroll database, updating data as necessary and ensuring that the payroll database is working properly, problems are identified to the Group Payroll Manager and, where appropriate, the IT department;
- Extract and prepare information from the payroll as required by the Group Payroll Manager;
- Maintain and update holiday and absence records.
- In conjunction with the Group Payroll Manager and the team, plan the best way to implement legislative changes and ensure that standard procedures are developed to support any such changes;
- Participate in any projects to develop the payroll processes and database together with other payroll team members, identifying improvements and playing a role in implementing any resultant changes;
- Liaise closely with the payroll team to ensure that weekly reconciliations are undertaken and preparing cost journals for any corrections required;
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to the role, as required by the Group Payroll Manager or Finance Director.
- Assist in Monthly payroll processing
- System implantation experience preferred
CANDIDATES: The ideal candidate will be a strong and supportive team player who is organised and thorough. You will be able to work calmly with detailed accuracy and be meticulous and systematic in your approach to problem solving. We would expect excellent organisational and interpersonal skills, the ability to work on your own initiative to tight deadlines and have a flexible style - prepared to work the necessary hours to meet the demands of the position.
As you will be dealing with and discussing sensitive matters, a confidential and professional manner in dealing with colleagues and statutory organisations by phone and in person is essential. Good IT literacy and proficiency in the basic functions of MS Word and experience of using MS Excel at an intermediate to advanced level are also a must.
Candidates with a recognised payroll or accountancy qualification, or a proven equivalent professional experience in a similar environment, with detailed knowledge of payroll systems, taxation/national insurance rules with the ability to complete RTI submissions would be preferred.
Working hours are normally Monday - Friday 8.45 a.m. - 17.15 p.m. Candidates must have a flexible working attitude additional hours may be required should the need dictate.
For the above role we are looking for candidates who have the experience and/or personal qualities to provide a positive and proactive contribution to our team.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and other benefits associated with a progressive employer.
You must be able to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK.
|Contact Name||Recruitment Team|
|Address||Northern Head Office
THE COMPANY: Breedon Group plc is the largest independent construction materials group in the UK. We operate nearly 60 quarries, 27 asphalt plants, just under 200 ready-mixed concrete & mortar plants and three concrete block plants throughout Scotland, England and Wales employing more than 2,100 people.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Complaints And Policies Officer Action For Children , can-be-based-anywhere
- Social Care Worker - Home CareCity of Edinburgh Council, edinburgh
- FREELANCE TRANSLATORS OF LEGAL TEXTSThe Court of Justice of the European Union, can-be-based-anywhere
- Office AdministratorPlaylist for Life , glasgow
- Trainee Tram DriverEdinburgh Trams , edinburgh
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist