Research Support AssistantVacancy posted: Friday, 16 September 2016
Salary: Grade 4 £18,412 - £20,624 p.a. pro rata
Closing date: 02 October 2016
Job ref. no.: SERV00523
Part time 0.5 FTE, 18 hours per week.
Closing date is midnight on Sunday 02 October 2016.
The Research Support Assistant will provide effective and efficient administrative support for the Research & Scholarly Communications Team. The post-holder will split their time between the University Archive and the wider work of the Research & Scholarly Communications Team (indicatively, 0.2FTE supporting Research & Scholarly Communications, and 0.3FTE supporting the University Archives).
Description of Duties
Specific Tasks - Research Support
- Data entry within a variety of systems/databases (e.g. RMS, STORRE), ensuring the accuracy and quality of data entry; for example, processing and updating publication records in RMS; handling all Ethos requests (British Library e-theses online service), etc.
- Carrying out a wide range of administrative tasks related to research work; for example, clerical tasks related to applications to the APC (Article Processing Charge) fund; sending out welcome letters about Open Access and RMS to new academic staff, etc.
Specific Tasks – Archives
- Management/supervision of the archives reading room during allocated times, including the production and return of material for researchers from the archive store; supervision of readers in the reading room; preparation of material for student volunteer(s); the answering of archive enquiries and the processing of copying orders.
- Basic sorting and cataloguing of archive collections.
- Responding to enquiries directed to the Research & Scholarly Communications team, by email, telephone or in person.
- Production of user support materials in partnership with the librarians and/or archivist, to inform and enable researchers and users.
- Publishing online content on behalf of the librarians and/or archivist, including the University website, Information Services blog and social media.
- Supporting team members with general administrative/clerical support.
- Any other duties commensurate with the job grade as reasonably required from time to time.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist