Professional Support AssistantsVacancy posted: Monday, 17 October 2016
Salary: Grade 3 £16,618 - £17,898 p.a
Closing date: 30 October 2016
Job ref. no.: SCH00670
The closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 30 October 2016.
The post holder will be a member of the professional services team which provides support for all student, academic, corporate/ legislative, research, knowledge exchange and enterprise activities for the Faculty of Social Sciences.
This is a generic job description and covers the administrative support activities that will be undertaken by a small team responsible for providing support to a range of activities across the Faculty as required. This includes acting as first point of contact for staff, students, visitors and other stakeholders and will therefore be required to cover front of house/reception duties in the Faculty Office and/or the Student and Academic Support office. This flexible approach to working as part of a team is essential in order to ensure excellent service delivery.
Experience of interacting in a supportive and sensitive manner with individuals from a wide range of cultures and nationalities is a key skill required of the post holder. Excellent communication skills, the ability to use initiative, and willingness to learn new things are essential.
Note: The responsibilities may change as the new professional support services structure is embedded and faculty and/or university strategic priorities develop.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide effective administrative support for the Faculty’s remit as required. This will include supporting student and academic administrative work, business support or research and enterprise activities as appropriate.
- Supporting recruitment and admissions activities; dealing with applicant enquiries, maintaining a database of enquiries.
- Supporting promotional activities and events such as University Open Day, Applicant days or other key events as required.
- Working closely with the wider professional services team to identify initiatives which will improve customer service and enhance the student experience.
- Working closely with academic colleagues to support various teaching and learning activities associated with the delivery of programmes.
- Effective communication with students with regard to processes such as registration, module choice, progression and graduation.
- Administering student feedback activities such as module evaluation, NSS, PTES, PRES and other internal questionnaires.
- Liaising with professional support services across the University to ensure information available via the Faculty is up to date and relevant. In particular, this will require working closely with colleagues in Student Support Services to maximise the delivery of service excellence.
- Assist with activities which support key Faculty strategies, for example, learning teaching, international, external engagement, staff development as required.
- Assist with the organisation of the Faculty Assembly.
- Assisting with the wider Faculty business activities undertaken in the Faculty office. This will include supporting the preparation for meetings (room bookings, catering requests etc) and or supporting larger faculty events such as seminars and conferences.
- Processing requests for stationery and equipment and raising purchase orders if required.
- Assisting in collating meeting dates to support the annual academic workload planning and achieving success process.
- Assisting with general office administrative duties as required.
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade and delegated by the Faculty Administrator or the Business Support Manager.
For further information, including essential and desirable criteria and details on how to apply, please click on the Apply now button which will take you to the University of Stirling website.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist