Vehicle TechnicianVacancy posted: Thursday, 13 October 2016
Salary: Up To £15.00 Per Hour + Bonus + 32 Days Holiday
Vehicle Technician - BMW Edinburgh
At this exciting time for Peter Vardy Ltd, we are looking to appoint a highly motivated experienced Vehicle Technician/Mechanic for our BMW dealership in Edinburgh. Your main duties will be to endure that all vehicles are prepared for delivery meeting company standards at all times. You will ensure that work is always to the highest standard as you seek to achieve consistently high customer satisfaction and repeat / incremental business.
- Recover defective or damaged vehicles in line with Service Manager’s instructions.
- Carry out testing and diagnostic work, interpreting repair order instructions and technical information.
- Discuss any work requiring specialist skills with the workshop supervisor/controller.
- Plan necessary work and order parts to ensure vehicles are ready as promptly as possible.
- Carry out all service and repair work to company and manufacturer standards, making effective use of time and resources.
- Carry out MOT testing of vehicles and complete necessary paperwork in line with regulations if applicable.
- Accurately report vehicle faults and work carried out, for ease of reference by service reception.
- Train and mentor apprentices when required.
- Maintain work area, tools and equipment in a safe and clean condition.
- Maintain correct warranty procedures in line with defined company procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of technical developments through attending training courses and developmental activities as required.
The ideal candidate should have exposure to working within the automotive industry and be time served.
- Excellent communication skills
- Time served technician
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Technical skills
- Quality focused & Target Driven
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Customer oriented
- A driver’s licence is essential for this role
Every Peter Vardy colleague is entitled to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Peter Vardy Partner Shares scheme
- Fantastic BMW vehicle leasing deals.
- Discounts on the purchase of new Vauxhall vehicles
- Contributory pension scheme
- Award winning training
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to work schemes
If you have any questions regarding this position, please call a member of the People Department.
Due to a high level of applications only successful candidates will be contacted
|Contact Name||Jade Hazard|
|Telephone||0141 773 6236|
About Peter Vardy Ltd
Peter Vardy Limited is one of the most exciting new names to enter motor retailing for many years.
We're a young, vibrant company with a fresh approach and a mission to offer something different to both colleagues and customers. Our dealerships are fun places to be with a lively atmosphere and the guarantee of a friendly welcome.
We believe colleague satisfaction is the route to customer satisfaction so we make sure our working environments have the latest equipment and our colleagues receive the support they need.
Peter Vardy is one of the most exciting names in motor car retailing. We're a young and vibrant Scottish car dealership with a fresh approach and a mission to offer something different to both colleagues and customers.Company profile View all jobs with Peter Vardy Ltd
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist