Allied Vehicles are one of the UK’s leading vehicle adaptation manufacturers, specialising in wheelchair accessible cars, taxis and minibuses, with an ongoing commitment to deliver excellence to our customers. An opportunity has arisen for a Parts Van Driver to work within our Parts department.
The person appointed will ensure that the parts department provides an effective service to the other departments in the company, and to retail customers. They will also deliver parts in response to customer orders and assist in the promotion of parts sales, identifying new market opportunities.
The main duties of the job include but are not limited to:
- On receiving parts deliveries, informing your parts colleagues of the delivery and assisting in checking of deliveries to ensure correctness to order and specification
- Allocating parts to correct bin locations and receipting parts onto computer
- Loading and unloading of delivery vans and completing returns notes for parts to be returned to suppliers
- Organising own delivery schedules, delivering parts accordingly and in response to ad hoc requests, ensuring that all deliveries are made by agreed times
- Assisting where necessary in answering the telephone and issuing parts
- Making up kits for part sales and maximising these and being aware of new business opportunities
- Receiving payments or charging account items delivered to customers
The successful candidate will have parts delivery/stores experience and must hold a CURRENT UK DRIVING LICENCE. Experience of working in an automotive/manufacturing environment would be advantageous.
Hours: Monday – Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm (less 45 minutes)
Our benefits package includes a basic salary of £7.50 per hour, Group Pension Scheme, Group Life Scheme, Car lease Scheme and Vehicle Aftersales Discounts for employees, friends and family.
If this position is of interest to you, then please send your CV with an attached covering letter detailing why you would be suited to this role via the APPLY NOW button on this advert.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and encourage applications from all members of the community. We are committed to the Disability Confident initiative and offer a guaranteed interview to any applicant who considers themselves to be disabled and who meets the requirements for the post.
***NO AGENCIES PLEASE***
|Contact Name||Michaela McIntosh|
|Telephone||0141 336 1226|
|Address||23 Lomond Street
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist