Workshop ControllerVacancy posted: Friday, 13 January 2017
Salary: £25k PA + bonus
Allied Vehicles Ltd is the market leader in the manufacture and supply of wheelchair accessible mobility vehicles and vehicle adaptations. We have a countrywide reputation for ensuring quality, value and customer satisfaction.
A new opportunity has become available for a Workshop Controller to join our busy Service department. You will efficiently control and allocate the work within the workshop and ensure all work is completed within the time laid down by manufacturers and agreed with customers.
Key Responsibilities are:
- Issue work in line with technical skills available, allocating, recording and timing all job cards
- Control all work at each stage of the repair, informing and advising reception in additional work found and costings
- Supervise the workshop foreman and liaise with reception staff on problem jobs whilst organising and testing quality standards at all times
- Prepare warranty claims for submission to the manufacturer, ensuring warranty material is retained for return
- Controlling parts orders where vehicles are on site and advising reception of any delays
- Advise customers of any technical issues or safety related items on their vehicle
- Produce an accurate Work in Progress report weekly and at each month end
To be effective in this role, you will be a qualified Vehicle Technician, be IT literate, able to prioritise and plan work and have the ability to manage efficiencies and productivity levels. A driving license is essential for this role. Experience of running a fast paced workshop and team as well as holding an MOT tester qualification and having auto electrical knowledge would be an advantage.
Hours of work are Monday – Friday 8am – 6pm and occasional Saturday working on a rota basis 8.30am – 12.30pm. This position offers a superb opportunity to join a progressive and committed company. In return, we offer a basic salary of up to £25,000 DOE + bonus, 30 days holiday (including bank hols), Group Pension Scheme, Group Life, Car Lease Scheme and Aftersales Discounts.
If you meet our criteria and would like to be part of our friendly and pleasant working environment in the North of Glasgow, please forward your CV stating why you would be suited to the role via the APPLY NOW button.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and encourage applications from all members of the community. We are committed to the Disability Confident Initiative and offer a guaranteed interview to any applicant who considers themselves to be disabled and who meets the requirements for the post.
***NO AGENCIES PLEASE***
|Contact Name||Val Wells|
|Telephone||0141 336 1226|
|Address||23 Lomond Street
Headquartered in Glasgow, the Allied Vehicles Group has grown rapidly to become the UK's leading special purpose vehicle manufacturer. Established in 1993, the company employs more than 580 people and has an annual turnover in excess of Â£120 million.Company profile View all jobs with Allied Vehicles
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist