Stores PersonVacancy posted: Friday, 13 January 2017
Allied Vehicles Ltd is the market leader in the manufacture and supply of wheelchair accessible mobility vehicles and vehicle adaptations. We have a countrywide reputation for ensuring quality, value and customer satisfaction.
A new opportunity has become available for a Stores Person to join our Mobility Solutions/Parts department. You will ensure stock is booked into the department correctly, accurately and in a timely manner, checking and maintain stock levels and availability. Ensuring accurate stocks levels are checked through stock counting and other routines. Providing effective service to retail customers whilst delivering high standards of organisation within your warehouse and shop flow. Contacting suppliers and customers for deliveries and returns.
Key Responsibilities are:
- On receiving stock/parts deliveries, check off deliveries to ensure correctness of order and specification
- Inform the sales executives on the arrival of customer orders, and marking these up ready for delivery
- Working closely with the service department with regards to the parts arrivals and returns to ensure a timely turnaround for customer services and repairs
- Allocating stock/parts to correct bin locations and receipting these onto computer and completing the paperwork accurately
- Complete routine reports to maintain stock accuracy, availability and location
- Ensuring all stock is labelled before being replenished on the shop floor
- Order stock using the Kerridge system reports
- Completing returns notes for stock/parts to be returned to suppliers
To be effective in this role, you will have experience of working in a Warehouse and Stores environment and of organising own delivery schedules. Knowledge of the mobility/automotive industry and of allocating parts to the correct bins would be advantageous but are not essential. A Forklift License would also be desirable.
Hours of work are Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5pm. This position offers a superb opportunity to join a progressive and committed company. In return, we offer a basic salary of £8.00ph, 30 days holiday (including bank hols), Group Pension Scheme, Group Life, Car Lease Scheme and Aftersales Discounts.
If you meet our criteria and would like to be part of our friendly and pleasant working environment in the North of Glasgow, please forward your CV stating why you would be suited to the role via the APPLY NOW button.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and encourage applications from all members of the community. We are committed to the Disability Confident Initiative and offer a guaranteed interview to any applicant who considers themselves to be disabled and who meets the requirements for the post.
***NO AGENCIES PLEASE***
|Contact Name||Val Wells|
|Telephone||0141 336 1226|
|Address||23 Lomond Street
Headquartered in Glasgow, the Allied Vehicles Group has grown rapidly to become the UK's leading special purpose vehicle manufacturer. Established in 1993, the company employs more than 580 people and has an annual turnover in excess of Â£120 million.Company profile View all jobs with Allied Vehicles
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist