Panel Team LeaderVacancy posted: Friday, 13 January 2017
Salary: Up to £32k OTE
Allied Vehicles have one of the largest Accident Repair Centres, Defleet and Fastrack Bodyshops in Scotland which provides vehicle repairs for major insurance contracts. Our plans for 2017 include the redevelopment of our existing bodyshop premises as well as further investment in new equipment and we are looking for a skilled Panel Team Leader to join our team.
You will supervise the daily work activity of the Panel Beaters, Apprentices and MET Technicians to ensure all work is carried out to the required PAS125 standards. Candidates should have experience of the bodyshop processes and of managing staff on the workshop floor. A relevant certified qualification in Panel Beating, such as City and Guilds or NVQ Level 3 Light Vehicle Body Repair is not essential but would be advantageous.
Key responsibilities are:
- Quality in progress checks to be done and signed
- Check repair times and incentive payments are correct before signing off pay claims
- Ensure work bays are utilised effectively
- Maintain company quality and BSI PAS125 standards throughout the life of a job
- Monitor staff attendance and timekeeping and highlight any concerns or issues to the Production Manager
- Monitor staff work performance, quality and conduct and highlight any concerns or issues to the Production Manager
- In the absence of the Production Manager conduct team meetings with bodyshop staff
- Monitor and manage staff breaks and ensure all staff comply with Health and Safety related legislation
To be effective in this role, you will also need experience of working in a workshop control environment and of man-management in the bodyshop repair sector.
Hours of work are Mon – Thur 7.30am – 5pm & Fri 7am – 4pm (40hrs per week). This position offers a superb opportunity to join a progressive and committed company. In return, we offer a salary of up to £32k OTE, 30 days annual holiday (including bank hols), Group Pension Scheme, Group Life Scheme, Car Lease Scheme and Aftersales Discounts. We offer calendar monthly pay - when you start with us, you don't have to wait for any basic pay. You will be paid all attended hours from your start date, up until the end of your first month.
If this position is of interest to you, then please send your CV with an attached covering letter detailing why you would be suited to this role via the APPLY NOW button on this advert.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and encourage applications from all members of the community. We are committed to the Disability Confident initiative and offer a guaranteed interview to any applicant who considers themselves to be disabled and who meets the requirements for the post.
***NO AGENCIES PLEASE***
|Contact Name||Michaela McIntosh|
|Telephone||0141 336 1226|
|Address||23 Lomond Street
Headquartered in Glasgow, the Allied Vehicles Group has grown rapidly to become the UK's leading special purpose vehicle manufacturer. Established in 1993, the company employs more than 580 people and has an annual turnover in excess of Â£120 million.Company profile View all jobs with Allied Vehicles
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist