Fleet ManagerVacancy posted: Thursday, 6 October 2016
Job ref. no.: 2016/1558
Robertson is one of the largest independently owned construction, infrastructure and support services companies in the UK. We have reached our 50th year of trading in better shape than ever, with a strong confirmed order book, diverse income streams and a dedicated, expert workforce.
Covering the entire built environment lifecycle, we operate throughout the UK, with offices across Scotland and the North and Midlands of England.
Robertson comprises 21 businesses, directly employing over 1900 people. A strong entrepreneurial culture – built on the foundations of innovation, productivity and sustainability – permeates the group.
Although we encompass a variety of separate businesses and capabilities, we are one group with a common goal: working together to transform communities.
This role is working for the Robertson Group based in Stirling.
- Co-ordinating the maintenance, servicing and repairs of all vehicles to deliver a proactive, efficient and effective service in the supervision of the car, van (LCV) and owned plant fleet
- Manage company provision for the supply of all hired / owned vehicle and owned plant requirements
- Key control of maintenance spend, working closely with the procurement and health & safety team and ensuring targets are met each month
- Development of both existing and new supplier relationships, engaging with procurement to monitor supplier performance, costs and quotations on a continual basis
- Efficient and cost effective scheduling of repairs, maintenance, servicing, MOT’s minimising disruption to the business
- Investigate and respond to internal customer and supplier queries in a timeous manner
- Ensure a strong focus on H&S towards decision making process within role
- Ensuring all relevant data is recorded and kept up to date within the company’s fleet management records
- Carrying out regular safety and legislative checks and inspections of vehicles and ensuring all safety check-sheets are being completed, submitted and logged onto the fleet management records
- Analysing and interpreting tracker information, including speed reports, out of hours driving, driver behaviour and wasted fuel
- Issue reports and track follow up action
- Capture monitor and report any risks or concerns to the relevant manager, and where relevant communicate with HSEQ Manager and HR Manager
- Dealing with accidents and vehicle related incidents, capturing, monitoring and reporting on relevant information
- Liaising in conjunction with Group Finance with insurers and solicitors as required
- Prepare and collate information from various sources for management reporting
- Ensuring best practice Fleet (Driver), Human Resources, Health & Safety Policies, Compliance, (SHE), Risk and legislative requirements are adhered to at all times
- Assist in the development and or review of company policies liaising with relevant departments
- Ensure legal standards and legislation are met within the role
- Coordinate training and or toolbox talks on vehicle related matters, where required, working closely with the relevant departments
- Use technical knowledge within all aspect of the role to maximise results, create robust solutions and drive innovation in service delivery and performance
- Manage the company fuel card requirements to ensure availability and compliance with the company fuel policy
Skills & Experience:
- Strong IT Skills
- Technical knowledge of managing of both owner and hire cars and LCV fleet + owned plant requirements
- Experience of VOSA compliance regulations
- Proven track record within a fleet management related role.
- Ability to work with various suppliers including rental and service providers.
- The ability to adopt a pragmatic, yet disciplined approach to process compliance, is essential
- Thinks broadly about the business, going beyond own professional knowledge to demonstrate sound commercial judgement. Generates innovative approaches with potentially significant long-term impact.
- Demonstrates complete focus and determination to achieve successful outcomes
- Is a self-starter, and takes the initiative in situations
- Learns quickly, adapting thought and action to changing business and customer demands
- Works for the benefit of customers and suppliers and other stakeholders
- Effectively blends people into teams and fosters a sense of belonging
- Proactively builds knowledge capability through sharing knowledge, ideas and expertise with others.
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Actively Collects first-hand customer information and uses it to improve services and solutions.
- Manages the experience of customers to ensure positive relationships are established and maintained.
- Clearly communicates ideas, plans and priorities to others.
- Plans and organises resources to safely achieve maximum efficiency and output
- Delivers results consistently, identifies and implements opportunities to increase sales and profit or reduce costs
Hours of work:
Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm
Stirling with occasional travel
Robertson is an Equal Opportunities Employer
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist