Research and Development TechnologistVacancy posted: Friday, 30 September 2016
Salary: £24 - 28,000 per annum
Macphie is a leading family-owned company with over 80 years’ experience and success of developing and manufacturing premium quality food ingredients and solutions.
We currently have a vacancy within the Research and Development Department for a full time R & D Technologist based at our Tannochside site, for a Fixed Term period of 9 months initially and then will be reviewed. The role of Research and Development Technologist will allow you to use your creative flair and enthusiasm across a range of product, packaging and process development projects. You will be involved with varied project work which supports our innovative reputation. You will also be asked to use your own ideas to produce products where a gap has been identified in the market. Other responsibilities will include:-
- New concept definition, prototyping, testing, costing, manufacturing feasibility and customer launch.
- Generating bench samples and scaling up projects to factory trial.
- Responding to briefs from internal and external customers, progressing projects to agreed timescales.
- Liaising and cooperating with customers, suppliers, technical, manufacturing, quality and commercial colleagues.
- Reporting on projects, record keeping, quality and regulatory compliance.
Our ideal candidate for this exciting role will:
- Be innovative, creative, enthusiastic and able to develop and champion new ideas.
- Be highly organised, upbeat and efficient.
- Work well as part of a small, extremely busy team as well as the ability to be self-motivated and work independently under their own initiative, prioritising your workload
- Be a calm, level headed individual who is approachable, knowledgeable and confident within their role
- Be commercially aware and an excellent communicator as you will be working closely with suppliers, customers and other departments within the company.
- Have degree, preferably in Food Science/ Food Technology or other relevant science subject, or have equivalent/relevant experience in an R&D/ NPD or technical role in the food industry.
Salary: £24 – 28,000 depending on experience, plus an attractive benefits package
Please apply via the S1 application process / To apply, please send a current CV including a covering letter and why you feel you are suitable for the role to
Closing Date: 7 October 2016
|Contact Name||Ezlin Yusoff|
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist