Field Application Scientist High Content SystemsVacancy posted: Wednesday, 19 October 2016
Closing date: 18 November 2016
Job ref. no.: 38645BR
Thermo Fisher Scientific has an opportunity for a Senior Associate Pre Sales FAS (Field Application Scientist) based in Germany, UK or France during 1 year period.
Are you looking for a role that combines science, training, business, troubleshooting and working with customers in various scientific domains? What if, on top of this, you could do these activities in a company known to be a fast paced global leader in serving science? If you are, then this will be the perfect role for you….
As a Field Application Scientist (FAS) you are responsible for the provision of scientific application support for high content analysis instruments and applications with primary responsibility for customers based in your region.
- Provide high quality post-sales support by training and visiting customers, delivery of email and telephone support, and general follow up of customer's requests
- Working closely with Service Engineers to resolve application and instrument issues and provide technical coaching and training on-site
- Support Sales teams in the achievement of the order plan, by strategic planning and delivering customer support activities (pre- and post-sales) in a timely and professional manner
- Provide high quality pre-sales support through customer visits, product/application demonstrations, seminars/workshops and sample analysis
- Assist customers in the design, set up and optimization of experiments on Thermo Fisher Scientific cellular analysis systems in their laboratories
- Acquire and maintain scientific and competitive knowledge and market segment overview support of customers, Sales and Service. Keep up to date with the scientific community. Train other colleagues on new products/applications as necessary
- Identify and feedback to Sales & Marketing market conditions and product opportunities
- Work effectively with Sales and Service in regional/key accounts of responsibility
- Track, record and document relevant information of all customer technical enquiries in our CRM tools
Your education in Cellular Biology, Molecular Biology, or Genetics and your proven experience in both a laboratory (cellular analysis, particularly with High Content Screen and Imaging platforms) and a customer facing role enables you to assess customer experimental needs not only to implement training and optimization but also to support sales people in technical presentations (written and oral). Driven to ensure customer success, you are a problem solver and thrive to work in team and create synergies.
This position requires travel through Europe with a focus on the region you are based in. You are fluent in English, French or German is a real plus.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and more than 50,000 employees in 50 countries. This, however, is just the start of our story. It's a story we'd like you to be part of.Company profile View all jobs with Thermo Fisher Scientific
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist