Biosafety Scientist - Subcontract Studies - GlasgowVacancy posted: Thursday, 12 January 2017
Job ref. no.: J19748
Scientist - Biosafety Subcontracted Studies - Glasgow
Can you perform well in a fast paced environment?
Can you work well in a team and also independently on your own initiative?
Do you appreciate strong Company values? Then you will fit in well with our client.
On behalf of our client, SRG are currently seeking a Scientist to join a well established Biosafety team which focuses on safety testing and characterisation of cell banks and virus products. They subcontract a selection of assays such as microbiological assays to our approved Subcontractors.
We are looking for someone with excellent organisation skills to liaise with both the subcontractors and internal stakeholders to ensure these assays are initiated in a timely manner and that client timelines are met. The successful candidate will act as a Study Manager for subcontract studies. The role will also involve organising shipments with couriers and preparing all required documentation. Prior technical knowledge of the assays is not required.
In return our client can offer you a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, full on the job training, and significant opportunity for personal growth and development within a rapidly expanding successful CRO.
What you can look forward to achieving
- Function as a Study Manager/Study Director for subcontracted studies, demonstrating appropriate knowledge of regulatory and GxP requirements as required
- Contribute to the functions of the Biosafety operations team to ensure that required timelines are met, and that the excellent service level to clients is maintained
- Work as part of team to ensure the smooth running of the department
- Work with our QA team to ensure GxP compliance where applicable
- Ensure all health & safety regulations and policies are adhered to
Skills and experience that you need to bring to the Company
- A Degree in a relevant scientific discipline and/or comparable experience
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Competent in Word and Excel
- Technical knowledge of a selection of the subcontracted tests and some knowledge of the relevant pharmacopeia will be advantageous for this role, however full training will be provided.
Please apply online or contact Pamela for further information.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.
|Contact Name||Pamela Mackie|
|Telephone||0141 847 0319|
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist