Warehouse OperativeVacancy posted: Saturday, 15 October 2016
Closing date: 14 November 2016
Job ref. no.: 39506BR
Job Title: Production Technician (Operator I, Manufacturing)
Reports To: Team Leader or Production Manager
Job Track/ Career Band: Associate / 01
Position Location: Perth
Shift Rotating shift 40 hours
When you're part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
As part of a team, an operator works in an assigned operating area on the shift to help deliver organisational and production results in line with the site strategy and specific objectives for the department/team including:
- Output and OEE
- Schedule adherence
- Training and Development
- Complete training and qualification to acquire all skills necessary to operate, maintain, changeover and troubleshoot the equipment autonomously in your operating area in a safe and quality manner.
- Role-model the Thermo Fisher 4I Values and Operations Competencies and use as a day-to-day guide in decision making on your shift team and in your operating area.
- Utilise all available resources to achieve your operating area goals.
- Take accountability for the results, and responsibility for the decisions made in your operating area on your shift. Hence, you must ensure that you are clear on your role and responsibilities, operating principles, and that the operating systems are followed and maintained at all times.
- Establish and maintain the standards on your shift in your operating area for safety, quality, appearance, attendance/cover, and other operating systems. Personally role model implementation and execution of the systems and standards in your area to ensure full implementation of the daily cycle with all associated operating systems.
- Setting daily direction for in your operating area by effective use of tier meetings and handovers, while personally leading part of shift review concerning your operating area.
This will include, but is not limited to:
- Review previous shift results to establish gaps and priorities
- Develop and execute plan to execute maintenance, close-out gaps/problems, and execute systems to deliver shift goals
- Lead troubleshooting of open barriers to the root-cause.
- Support your team in resolution of barriers as requested by your manager.
- Review and learn from daily activities.
- Ensure effective communication and relay teamwork within and between shifts.
- Most importantly, support your manager and your team as requested to develop into a strong, autonomous and engaged team:
- Create an environment that encourages openness and team growth.
- Follow your manager's expectations, set an example, provide meaningful, timely feedback about issues, review and learn to continuously improve your individual performance and business results.
- Learn by doing and teach by example, and promote ‘Review and Learn' approach by setting personal example.
Minimum Attributes/ Qualifications:
- Reliable and dependable.
- Communicates Openly - able to communicate effectively within and between teams and is effective in giving and
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and more than 50,000 employees in 50 countries. This, however, is just the start of our story. It's a story we'd like you to be part of.Company profile View all jobs with Thermo Fisher Scientific
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Customer Assistant - Part Time - Port Glasgow - ScotlandLIDL UK, port-glasgow
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist