Dispatcher / Shift LeaderVacancy posted: Tuesday, 13 September 2016
Salary: úDepending on experience
Closing date: 11 October 2016
Central Radio Taxis, Edinburgh's largest black taxi company have an exciting new opportunity for a Dispatcher/Shift Leader.
The successful candidate will assist in the provision of taxi bookings and enquiry service in accordance with company standards, policies and procedures. You will ensure the efficient and effective workflow of bookings is distributed to the fleet whilst assisting drivers with any queries either via data message or telephone.
As Dispatcher/Shift Leader, you will report to the Call Centre Manager, part of your daily tasks will involve:
- Respond promptly and courteously to all telephone and email bookings from members of the public and account customers in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Manage enquiries from drivers on any issues they have with jobs or customers.
- Process all booking communications efficiently and accurately using the Cordic booking system.
- Assist with the maintenance and upkeep of booking information for new addresses and booking requirements.
- Respond to queries from customers efficiently and accurately, escalating to Team Leader, where appropriate.
- Assist with any administrative tasks, when required.
- Provide support and motivation to telephone operators, aid in finding cover for absences and complete shift reports on any issues arising.
- Promote a positive image of the control room and Central Taxis by providing excellent customer care.
- Promote Central Taxis’ vision and values and corporate culture that is positive, customer focused and supports employee engagement to the highest standards.
- Take reasonable care of personal health and safety and co-operate with management to enable compliance with Central Taxis health and safety rules and legislative requirements.
- Undertake other ad-hoc duties and responsibilities that may be reasonably required for the business.
- Experience of working in a customer service environment.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office Suite such as Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
- Local knowledge of Edinburgh would be advantageous.
- Experience in dealing with challenging behaviour.
- Experience of working in a high volume processing call centre.
Salary: Depending on experience.
Applications are invited from full time or part time workers. Availability to work weekends on either day shift or night shift would be of particular interest although it is not essential.
We respectfully request no speculative calls or CV's from agencies please.
Further information: This is a superb opportunity to drive your career forwards with an innovative, award-winning company. Press the “Apply” now button today before someone else flags this role down.
About Central Taxis
Central Radio Taxis Ltd is the premier Licensed Taxi operator in Edinburgh and one of the most successful taxi driver co-operative associations in the UK.
As the leading provider to the capital city, we enjoy working relationships with many public sector organisations, corporate clients, leading hotels, transport hubs, leisure facilities, tourists and the general public of the city.
The business has grown organically over 45 years to a fleet of 460 taxis, driven by 1300 members & drivers working 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Always a company looking forward, the focus of Central Taxis is to maximise the earning potential of the members & drivers through winning new business, retaining and developing customers and developing complimentary revenue streams such as our Executive Travel, Car Insurance, Bus and Wedding Car divisions.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Customer Service AgentTentel Ltd , edinburgh
- Support Workers - Day Shift - Homelessness Services (Relief)Right Recruitment, edinburgh
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist