Customer Service Adviser - On Call - GalashielsVacancy posted: Tuesday, 11 October 2016
Closing date: 08 November 2016
Job ref. no.: A16799
Customer Service Adviser - On Call - Galashiels
You like making a difference
We feel exactly the same
At Santander we're aiming to make everything simpler for customers and colleagues. When our customers visit one of our branches you will be their first point of contact, offering a personal and efficient service backed up by a great range of products. That will involve a lot more than just answering questions - you will play a key role in building relationships with our customers by transacting on and servicing accounts, helping them with a wide range of enquiries regarding our products and services and working with colleagues to provide the right solutions to meet their needs.
This is an "On call" contract, offering flexible cover to local branches. You'll be guaranteed and paid for at least one hour per month/12 hours per year. Additional hours will vary according to branch requirements and will most likely be a mix of pre-arranged and short-notice cover, so flexibility around hours and location is essential
As an On Call Customer Service Adviser, your main responsibilities will be
- Making our customers feel like they're dealing with a person - not a bank
- Acting as a first point of contact, offering a personal service, supported by a range of great products
- Building relationships with our customer, to find solutions that are right for them
- Developing your knowledge of our products, and the overall market, to provide authoritative advice and insight to customers and colleagues
- Identifying ways to improve our customer journey, and using your initiative to suggest effective solutions
Minimum skills and experience required
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- The motivation to go above-and-beyond for our customers
- Proven experience in a customer service role
- The computer and numeracy skills needed to excel in a highly regulated environment
- A flexible approach to work, and the ability to work well as part of a dynamic team
Salary - £8.42 per hour
We weren't voted one of the Sunday Times '25 Best Big Companies to Work For' for nothing - we've got a reward package that's simple, personal and fair. In addition to your pay and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that's flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. Our Women in Business network provides women with valuable development tools. We're creating a better balance of women in management positions, and empowering everyone to fulfil their true career potential.
With over 150 years of experience, we've built a strong, international presence, with more branches worldwide than any other bank. Dedicated to making things simple, personal and fair for our customers, our aim is to become the best bank in the UK, and we know we can't make it happen without our people. That's why we promote an environment where everyone counts. With us, you'll be encouraged to develop both professionally and personally, and by listening to your unique perspective, and turning your ideas into action, we'll grow along with you.
We are committed to helping you achieve a reasonable balance between your home and working life. To support you in meeting your commitments outside of work, we offer a range of flexible work options, including part-time working, job sharing, career breaks and flexible holiday options and we support you to make a difference in your local community with volunteering and fundraising schemes.
We reserve the right to close acceptance of applications early pending high response volume.
Santander UK plc., part of the Santander Group, is a leading financial services provider in the UK. We offer a wide range of personal and commercial financial products and services.Company profile View all jobs with Santander
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist